Abbott Point of Care develops, manufactures and markets critical medical diagnostic and data management products for rapid blood analysis. The i-STAT System is an advanced, portable diagnostic tool that provides real-time, lab-quality results within minutes to accelerate patient-care decision-making. The i-STAT System has the industry’s most comprehensive menu of tests in a single, with-patient platform, including tests for blood gases, electrolytes, chemistries, coagulation, hematology, glucose, and cardiac markers.
The Sr. Specialist - Digital Marketing Operations serves as a digital marketing operations specialist and will take ownership for global web-based digital communications platforms that support e-mail, mobile, and web channel marketing and customer support programs driven by global commercial and marketing organizations. Works in conjunction with global and regional product marketing teams to champion global branded websites and marketing programs, including Abbott's Point of Care (APOC) website. Leverages and manages a content management system in deployment of compelling, fresh, and accurate web content for both internet and intranet. Develops html e-mail campaigns, tracks results, and reports on digital analytics. Works within digital marketing automation solutions. Monitors trends and suggest new digital technology solutions to achieve and maintain best-in-industry web presence. Champions lead and demand generation programs to grow sales opportunities in the B2B business segment.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- eMarketing program design and development:
- Builds and manages microsites on Abbott Internet Platform in support of eCampaigns;
- Develops and launches product marketing, educational and customer support e-mail tactics to drive awareness and adoption of Abbott Point of Care products and services;
- Links databases to generate web pages with personalized content and reporting.
- US and International Web Content Management:
- Governs site architecture to manage growth and maintain consistent user experience;
- Designs new web pages with compelling draws to drive increased traffic;
- Develops and enacts plan to ensure existing web content stays current;
- Creates new modules in CMS to keep dynamic content fresh;
- Creates basic html web pages for static content upon occasion;
- Uploads content and digital asset files to website via customized CMS;
- Obtains/analyzes site metrics and recommends solutions.
- Project Management:
- Manages internal subject matter experts, vendors and the web content process to ensure materials are published to Abbott web production servers within deadlines;
- Engages translation company to translate approved content for relevant websites;
- Interfaces with Country Managers and Global Product Managers to obtain customized content and support engineering change order approval process.
- Legal/Regulatory Web Content Adherence:
- Quickly responds to fluid legal/regulatory environment with compliant & effective web solutions;
- Manages U.S. elFUs per regulatory procedures and maintain online product catalogs;
- Sets up and maintains web content archive system per corporate legal guidance.
- Other Responsibilities:
- Ensures corporate identity branding is used appropriately for all external facing website; works with marketing managers and agencies to evaluate sites for branding compliance;
- Maintains knowledge of all up-to-date corporate identify branding standards;
- Responsible for the application of branding, positioning and linking of Platforms sites on the Abbott Internet Platform;
- Trains web managers and design agencies on the use of the CMS system;
- Consults with website owners and agencies on the use of the Content Management System and the Abbott Internet Platform;
- Manages multi-lingual capabilities and website translations for Platform sites;
- Responsible for gathering business requirements for Platform software upgrades;
- Accountable for maintenance of key strategic reusable content and taxonomy (Global products list, Worldwide locations, About Abbott);
- Works with e-business managers and brand marketing managers within the divisions to provide detail platform use guidance to ensure consistent look and feel, structure, navigation and tool set feature use;
- Coordinates with web content managers and design agencies on use of the Content Management System and Platform environment;
- Consults with and contributes to IT/eBusiness committees (i.e., web council);
- Assists with migration of websites onto the Content Management System and Abbott Internet Platform;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Understand and comply with applicable EHS policies, procedures, rules and regulations;
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the Quality System.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of web-based experience with web content management, marketing automation, digital analytics and e:mail html development platforms.
- Experience working within the healthcare industry, preferably within the device or diagnostics sector.
- Candidate/incumbent should possess the following:
- demonstrated application of concepts, practices and procedures;
- ability or aptitude to work on problems of moderate scope;
- ability to form and develop interpersonal, professional relationships; display socially and professionally appropriate behavior;
- ability to work independently and in groups; ability to work cross-functionally and across Abbott businesses;
- demonstrated initiative and problem-solving skills; critical-thinking skills;
- ability to prioritize;
- strong organization and project management skills;
- ability or aptitude to independently organize and manage projects of medium complexity;
- ability or aptitude to provide solutions and contingency plans through the comprehensive review of alternatives.