As a Sr. Specialist in the L3Harris Test Engineering group, you are responsible for the design, development and validation of Specialized Test Equipment to be used during engineering development and factory acceptance testing of high reliability space flight and ground support products. The Sr. Specialist is responsible for test system software requirements definition, architectural design, coding in National Instrument's LabView and TestStand development environment, design validation, documentation and maintenance. The Sr. Specialist functions as a member of the project development team, including hardware, mechanical and programmable logic design engineers. Strong technical team leadership skills to achieve project goals and test system performance requirements are required.
- Participate in customer proposal efforts to estimate labor and material costs associated with test and validation of new products.
- Analyze customer product specifications and requirements to develop derived and/or mandated test requirements.
- Perform Specialized Test Equipment (STE) software architectural design and functional decomposition to satisfy technical, cost and schedule needs.
- Conduct internal and customer review meetings as required to insure all aspects of STE development satisfy the program goals and customer expectations.
- Perform select software detailed design tasks as appropriate and necessary.
- Be responsible for documentation and release of STE design packages in accordance with established procedures.
- Lead aspects of STE performance validation and integration testing with the Unit Under Test as a participant in an Integrated Product Team.
- Support deliverable product device verification, environmental, qualification and factory acceptance test as required.
- Perform sustaining STE engineering as necessary to support our operations test department.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field and at least 6 years of practical experience or Master's degree and at least 4 years of experience.
- Experience programming automated test equipment using National Instrument's LabView and Test Stand.
- Experience in the use of project management tools (MS Project).
- Experience in the use of common test equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, multimeters, etc) and demonstrated skills in use of RF and microwave test equipment as applied to wireless communications systems.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active secret or higher level clearance.
- Experience in FPGA development using Hardware Description Languages (VHDL, Verilog) and simulators
- Ability to review electronic circuit schematics and documentation in support of programming efforts and integration/trouble shooting is desirable.
- Strong familiarity with RF communications systems concepts and modulation techniques.