In this full-time salary position, you will:
- Be part of a production team responsible for providing second or third tier technical support and analysis to engineers, technicians, customers and users.
- Respond to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning product or test equipment.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and debug complex electro/mechanical products and equipment, computer systems and/or software over the phone, email or on site.
- Report design, failure, reliability and maintenance problems to Engineering and recommend solutions to resolve reported problems and improve test and manufacturing processes.
- Assist in determining if failure is attributed to product or test equipment.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend schematic diagrams, mechanical assembly drawings, electrical and electronic test equipment, AC and DC theory, electronics, and general build processes including but not limited to soldering, wiring, PCB handling, and mechanical assembly.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency with the safe and proper operation of basic electrical test equipment, electronics tools, and hand tools such as: oscilloscopes, digital multi-meters, micrometers, assorted gauges, logic analyzers, and assorted mechanical or electronic testing equipment, computers, and related utilities and computer controlled test equipment
- Able to carry out as well as create complex technical instructions
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide-range, diverse user community and present ideas and solutions in a user-friendly language to team members and to non-technical staff
- Ability to build positive relationships with both customers and program teams
- Ability to operate independently, ensuring customer satisfaction and compliance with applicable regulations and norms
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US DoD Secret security clearance if necessary.
Required Experience and Education:
- Senior Specialist: Bachelors plus 6 years experience
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Work performed in an office and production environment with people in close proximity and in an engineering design, development, and test environment laboratory with exposure to noise from machines, which may require certain protective equipment such as goggles and ear plugs
- Proficiency with PCs and Microsoft Office applications is needed.
- Duties may require (not often) being on call periodically and working outside of normal working hours (evenings, holidays and weekends)
- May be required to lift/move up to 50 lbs., with assistance