$100K — $120K *
Industry: Aerospace / Aviation / Defense
Job Category: Engineering - Other Engineering
Job Description: As a Project Engineer, you would play a pivotal role in driving organizational success of engineering execution within Tactical Communications. This role focuses on driving continuous improvement to current business practices, processes, and responsibilities in order to optimize, harmonize, and standardize engineering execution and performance.
Job Responsibilities include:• Optimize, harmonize, and standardize engineering execution through enhanced processes for project management of scope, budget, and schedule, with corresponding metrics.
• Develop and execute strategy for project engineering staffing and required discipline domain knowledge through training, mentoring, and partnership.
• Work cross-functionally with the function/discipline and engineering leadership organizations to implement, measure, and improve new and existing engineering practices.
• Assist discipline and engineering leadership teams with necessary process and procedure updates to ensure consistent adherence to quality standards required for certifications / regulations.
• Enhance project status and reporting standards that align with key project milestones and financial performance.
• Provide ownership and refinement of the engineering cost estimation process including utilization of collected historical costs to inform future estimation. Manage project engineering discipline tools, including harmonization and implementation.
• Establish strategic working relationships with engineering project managers and functional teams including Finance, Product Line Management, and Program Management, who are key contributors to the product and program development processes.
• Leverage e3 tools and processes to architect practical solutions and methodologies that are scalable and can achieve the required organizational objectives.
Qualifications:• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering
• 6+ years of relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or 4+ years of relevant experience with a Master’s Degree
Preferred Additional Skills• 3+ years of demonstrated experience in engineering project management illustrating proven ability to plan, schedule, and track multiple projects to successful completion.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
• Ability to partner with process owners and team leaders to identify, recommend, and select business process improvement projects, leveraging relevant business acumen
• Proven and effective communications skills.
• Experience with product development process for defense environments, and tools that allow for development assessment, tracking, and reporting.
• Six Sigma training or strong working knowledge.
• Experience with requirements management throughout the product development or program life cycle.
• Experience with process improvements in a CMMI and ISO9001 work environment.
• Positive attitude, openness to new ideas, willingness to learn new tools, and a strong motivation to positively impact the performance and work experience of the team.
Base Salary - $105,000 to $120,000
5+ to 7 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Never
Valid through: 7/9/2021