Description: Job Title: Sr Spec, Program Management Job Location: Rochester, NY Job Code: CS20210111-71884Job Description
Responsible for managing the cost, schedule and technical performance requirements of a program through all phases from inception to completion. Direct the preparation of moderate to large size proposals, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budget and financial terms/conditions of a contract. Ensure that all manpower such as engineering, production and facilities are available to support the program. Manage the activities and operations of a remote office within the region. Work with Sales, dealer and customers to determine needs, requirements and new business opportunities. Directs the work of employees and subcontractors assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas. Support the pursuit of the division's orders and revenue and cash targets.
- Occasional international travel within the Asia Pacific region, as needed.
- Requires proficient knowledge of job area (including: proposals, quoting, booking, business planning, export, delivery, acceptance) and practical knowledge of Program Management.
- Experience in supporting international contracts
- Experience with MS Office suite of tools, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Knowledge of and/or experience with Microsoft Project or other scheduling tools
- Knowledge of international shipping terms and export control regulations; general understanding of export of ITAR controlled materials
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Good leadership skills managing a functional team to achieve common goals
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and ensure tasks are completed on time, often requiring the initiative to develop and initiate processes to accomplish this
- Demonstrate a strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Possess excellent communication skills, quality commitment, customer focus, strong interpersonal skills and adaptability
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management
- Demonstrate initiative and teamwork
- International experience and/or managing international business a plus
- Familiar with tactical wireless communication technology or C4I systems a plus
- Good understanding of sound business plans, investments, and business financials
- PMI certification a plus