Description:Job Title: Sr. Specialist, Program Management Job Code: SAS20211202-56594 Job Location: Clifton, New Jersey Job Description:
Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion. Drives program execution in order to achieve key business and financial objectives for orders, revenue recognition, operating income, and free cash flow for new, continuing, or current programs. Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs. Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, performance Statement of Work (SOW) and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract. Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test. Expands the product line with the customer. Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocating resources or changing contractual specifications. Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas. Essential Functions:
- Serves as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program reviews and reporting of cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Participates in the negotiations of contracts and contract changes. Participates in the preparation of proposals, business plans, statements of work, specifications, budgets and financial terms/conditions of contracts.
- Manages Development efforts for product development, integration, and test.
- Expands existing product lines with customer.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules.
- Identifies program problems and risks and obtains solutions such as resource allocation and contract specification changes.
- Monitors and assesses performance; identifies problems and institutes corrective actions as required. Identifies and manages risk.
- Records and communicates lessons learned from each program.
- Manages and evaluates financial and technical trade-off analyses required for scope changes in a program.
- Responsible for the direction, oversight, and outcome of assigned programs.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- 2+ years' experience with program planning, earned value management, supply chain, risk management, quality control, production control, and product costing tools.
Job Profile Matching Criteria:
- PMP® certified or attainment within 1 year of hire
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Must demonstrate a keen understanding of basic business operations and the organizational levers (systems, processes, departments, functions) that drive profitable growth. The individual will work without appreciable direction and exercise considerable latitude to determine and develop approaches to solutions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint) and MS Project are required.
- Experience managing DoD equipment ROR (Repair of Repairables) and Full Rate Production programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of WIP (Work In Progress) tracking. DoD CAV tracking tool experience a plus.
Expertise Program Management Location USA - NJ - Clifton