Genesys procurement leadership is seeking a senior manager who can join the team that will leadhigh-complexity sourcing projects and supplier relationships working effectively along with the business leaders and procurement team. The individual will manage our Technology, Engineering, Cloud Operations (Telco, Networks, Infrastructure) spend amongst other areas of indirect spend. In total, this role will be involved in all phases of the procurement process to include Business Partnership, Spend Analysis, Request for Proposal, Negotiations, Contract Management, and Supplier Performance and Management. While carrying out sourcing activities, the souring manager will provide strong commercial leadership in project teams, developing and executing creative strategies toensure work is conducted with rigorous professional standards in full compliance with organizational governance. This role needs tight alignment with business leads and cross functional teams
This role will be expected to deliver savings by working in a cross-functional team environment. Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, and/or divisions by providing subject matter expertise for key commodities and challenging spend behavior to ensure strategic sourcing process and decision making are firmly embedded in each function.
- Develop and execute long-term sourcing strategies on a Global basis. Lead the development; implementation and alignment of sourcing strategies and supplier network capabilities for spend categories to achieve broad business objectives
- Works closely with C-level executives of the organization to understand and execute key business initiatives. Develops and delivers formalized presentations of project objectives and results.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to subordinate managers.
- Implement a process for managing key suppliers, including quarterly business reviews, monitoring and managing supplier relationships, performing root cause analysis and resolution, developing and monitoring supplier improvement plans.
- Involved in developing, modifying, and executing company policies that affect immediate operation(s) and may also have company-wide effect.
- Implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Erroneous decisions will result in critical delay(s) in schedules and/or unit operations, and may jeopardize overall business activities.
- Build and demonstrate comprehensive category expertise according to project priorities
- Negotiate and implement supply deals and contracts. Responsible for effectively negotiating and coaching others to do the same, creating and executing contracts with suppliers.
- Responsible for securing materials and services at the lowest total cost of ownership through competitive analysis of bids, and all other costs of ownership. Responsible for resolving any problems with materials, delivery or the supplier relationship.
- Manage stakeholders, understand their needs, align purchasing and business objectives and plan/execute communications.
- Lead cross-functional teams to generate, sell and implement cost reduction ideas. Develop and implement annual cost savings programs and strategies that directly effects company financial results.
- Work within and manage a cross-cultural, multi/country team to drive performance.
- Map and optimize purchasing processes to deliver a broad range of savings opportunities beyond the price negotiation.
- Produce risk analyses and mitigation tactics to projects, relationships and contracts.
- Develop and manage new and existing supplier relationships, with a focus on managing performance and cost and service continuous improvement. Identify, select and qualify the "best" suppliers in the industry per category utilizing strategic supply base analysis. Compile and maintain supplier and industry strategic analysis portfolios.
- Deliver a range of reports relating to and including savings tracking, project status, savings forecasts and spend profiles to key stakeholders. Ensure metrics and action plan are in place for continuous improvement.
- Bachelors' Degree. MBA preferred.
- Experience 5-7 years of Technology procurement experience within the categories of: Computer Hardware (Servers, Storage, and Laptops), Software Licensing & Maintenance, and Telecommunications (Data, Wireless, Land Lines), Data Centers, Collocation, Infrastructure.
- Knowledge of relevant commodities and markets.
- Proven contract negotiation skills and experience of project/program management.
- Strong interpersonal communications and the ability to work independently.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work well within a dynamic, ever changing environment.
- Problem solving ability, detail oriented ability to manage multiple tasks.You will have proactive approach to stakeholder management with the ability to influence at all levels within an organization.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with passion and vision. The candidate must be creative and should be prepared to add value to the long-term direction of sourcing strategies. You willlead the development and implementation of indirect category sourcing strategies to meet challenging business targets, including Cost Reduction, Working Capital Improvement, Productivity Improvement, Supplier Relationship Management Effectiveness and Supply Base Reduction. The role carries a highlevel of autonomy to deliver results within an environment where processes are currently being developed and implemented.
- Proactive approach and creative vision, capable of understanding and then challenging the statusquo, as appropriate. Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations without damage to the relationship
- You must have comprehensive knowledge and experience of category management/strategic sourcing tools and techniques.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with ability to grasp and communicate complex ideas effectively.
- Strong problem-solving and quantitative skills; able to translate problem solving approaches into pragmatic solutions.
- Proven leadership and influencing skills with track record for achieving objectives.
- Responsive to other functions within company that depend upon this key function for successful performance; able to resolve potentially conflicting objectives across functions and with outside provider(s)
- Strong insights and experience managing change, results-driven, passionate about operations and technical excellence.
- Strong negotiating skills; able to identify win-win solutions in a complex situation; able to keep cool under pressure and be able to find solutions in difficult situations.
- Well-rounded business acumen and well-developed presence.
Key Interfaces, Internal/External:
- This important position will require establishing and managing relationship(s) across many layers of internal and external interfaces.
- Reports to Chief Procurement Officer
- Interfaces with function leaders at Director, Vice-President and senior executive levels within Genesys from all functions including but not limited to Technology, Marketing, Engineering, Finance and Service.
- Interfaces with external counterparts to include sales executives, regional managers, Vice President of Sales and General Managers.