- Support Business Development in determining the quality of potential opportunities, gathering of pertinent client data and information, external requirements and overall market (competitive) information that will increase the likelihood of success.
- Engage with clients with a positive and intellectual approach that will build a strong relationship as OHL’s consulting arm and contract logistics business experts
- Organize and manage the team required to succeed in evaluating and creating a solution that solves the identified pain points of the client, wins for OHL financially and strategically.
- Is the “Ultimate Owner” of all work outputs that are delivered on time exceeding the client expectations while maintaining industry standard. Work outputs include but not limited to a Solution Design, Drawing, Financial Model, LSA and Exhibits.
- Presenting and selling the Solution Design to clients to secure commitment and LOI from the client.
- Ownership and development of all financial models, benchmarking analysis and sensitivity analysis work outputs that are accurate and precise. These tools will identify what is OHL financial success and potential risk from movement in key client parameters. Additionally, develop and produce all Executive Leadership governance paperwork used for review and formal approvals
- Create Solutions that will encompass design of optimal facility layouts, analysis of alternative designs, operations designs, product flow design, material handling systems design, and warehouse management systems designs.
- Builds client facing presentation materials required to sell the proposed solutions to customers while meeting all OHL senior leadership governance process and procedures.
- Mentor Solutions Consultants and Analysts to include: interviewing, training, evaluating, coaching, and guiding
- OHL Solutions Branding is required. Marketing OHL’s accomplishments and expertise though speaking engagements and/or publications is key to the success of the group and the company
- Participates in the Solutions Technology Advancement Process. Researches technology through traveling to trade shows and performing research. Additionally, builds/fosters supplier relationships to advance this process
- Other duties as required and assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from a 4 year college or university, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Degree is strongly preferred
- Minimum 6 years related experience and/or training in a distribution environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in a 3PL environment preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD or similar software
- Experience with facility flow, layout and design
- Understanding of alternative analysis concepts
- Experience with material handling systems hardware and software
- Experience with operations analysis and design
- Knowledge of labor standards and application
- Knowledge of P&L statements
- PC literate with a command of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- High level of business acumen and can think on their feet in a sales environment.
- Understands financial impact and how to make money by solving client problems.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manual
- Ability to travel to client sites to assemble information and ensure understanding of the business
- Ability to communicate with various levels of the organization as well as various levels of the customer’s organization
- Ability to influence others
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Capable of leading High Complexity engagements and inter-functional work teams
Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. He/she is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. He/she must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. He/she is regularly exposed to ambient lighting and temperate climate conditions.