The Sr. Solutions/Data Architect-IT is responsible for developing information Architecture, designing, implementing analytical solutions and extracting valuable insights (leading towards service effectiveness and improved user experience) from existing or new data points for user services, site services (includes Facilities, Workplace Effectiveness, Security), HR, Corporate Relations, legal and other business functions.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business functions (Site Services, Legal, HR, Corp Relations etc.) to gather high level requirements, find data sources, understand business domain, tidy/clean/transform data to identify trends, visualize and derive conclusions, present insights and tell compelling stories to solve business problems/unmet needs.
- Work with business and IT teams to understand the needs for complex data/BI models (that leverage statistics, time series, machine learning, textual analysis, prediction, etc.), define prototypes, collect/curate large data sets, Implement/evaluate/tune data models and drive valuable insights through iteration.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities. Work on business problems and recommend solutions to various stakeholders through quantitative analysis.
- Develop proof of concept solutions, and work with application developers to implement and maintain scalable products.
- Focus on deep dives into data to find problems or trends, reduce unnecessary cost and/or increase ROI, and drive better business decisions.
- Be the internal expert and champion for machine learning platform and systems
- Design and implement data architecture, processes and systems to support development of machine learning analytics across a range of business functions
This position is not eligible for relocation.
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of experience in analytics: data stores, data architecture, and related analytical tools
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Experience with machine learning methods for statistical modeling
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced data visualization (animated and interactive)
- Strong written skills, especially for academic audiences - real passion for writing is a huge advantage
- Experience with social network analysis; text mining
- Experience developing taxonomies for art and design
- Experience using web services, such as AWS, and big data toolkits, preferred