Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced Storage Solutions Architect to guide our customers on data storage best practices and to help shape the future growth of our storage services. As a storage Subject Matter Expert (SME), you will be an authority on architectures that leverage AWS services to increase availability and drive down costs for our customers.
In this role, you will partner closely with the Storage Business Development and Sales teams to enable large-scale customer use cases and to help drive the adoption of AWS storage services. Thought leadership plays an important part in this role as you look for new ways to maximize value for our customers by establishing best practices and proposing enhancements and features for our storage services. As our portfolio of storage services continues to grow, you will leverage your passion for learning to come up to speed quickly. As an SME, you will be called upon frequently to present to customers and other AWS teams. To help our field teams understand how to integrate AWS storage options into customer architectures, you will also create field enablement materials for the broader SA population.
This role will require domestic travel up to 25%. to 50%
Roles and Responsibilities
· Enable the AWS SA community to design cost-optimized, secure, scalable, storage architectures
· Help AWS customers adopt well-architected storage solutions
· Build technical trusted advisor relationships with internal and external customers
· Refine best practices around storage services and solutions
· Influence service roadmaps by identifying customer trends
· 7+ years architecture/pre-sales experience with storage solutions
· 5+ years experience with advanced storage technologies such as replication, high availability, archiving, backup & restore, and disaster recovery/business continuity
· 3+ years experience with Linux command-line tools and system configuration
· Professional experience architecting/operating cloud solutions
· Understanding of AWS Storage Services such as S3, Glacier, Elastic File System (EFS), AWS Storage Gateway (SGW), and Snowball. Use of AWS in production a plus.
· Understands the role that networking plays in complex storage architectures
· Technical enablement experience through content creation and speaking engagements
· Scripting experience (Powershell, Python, bash, etc.)
· Bachelors or equivalent work experience
· Comfortable speaking to large audiences
· Experience with enterprise IT storage architectures and how they integrate into large-scale production applications