The Sr. Solutions Architect is the technical arm of the Sales team and works with a regional sales team to provide optimal HPC and Data Center solutions.
- Participate in the identification, qualification and closing of sales opportunities
- Assist with technical responses to RFIs and RFPs
- Serve as sales team liaison to internal technical staff such as Product Management, Operations and Engineering.
- Ensure that customer needs are appropriately interpreted, and contribute to the development of comprehensive solutions
- Develop and conduct product presentations involving product capabilities, system architecture and design
- Travel throughout the region to perform technical sales and position Penguin solutions vs. competitor's solutions
- Provide Operations team with appropriate product/cluster/network design and assembly instructions to build out factory integrated solutions
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (any 3 of the following 4):
- Strong knowledge of Linux
- Working knowledge of Ethernet or Infiniband or Omnipath and associated switch configuration.
- Minimum of 7 years technical sales experience, proven track record of closing deals with sales team
- Storage knowledge including block, file and object store technologies
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- Strong knowledge of High Performance Computing (HPC) applications
- Data center infrastructure knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of Linux cluster technologies and optimization techniques
- Network topologies and architecture
- File systems and Software Define Storage e.g. BeeGFS, Lustre, Gluster, GPFS, WekaIO or CEPH
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to travel as needed up to 50% through the assigned region
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear, sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Moderate to extensive keyboard activity required. Some lifting (up to 20lbs.) may be required.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and overnight travel