What you would be doing
- Participate in both the pre and post salesprocesses, assisting sales and services to analyze and architect how Paxata fitsinto a complex Hadoop® ecosystem
- Engage with IT and Business executives of current customers for in-depth discussions about:
- 1) Paxata's compatibility with any new or existing platforms
- 2) How Paxata works with their enterprise Big Data strategies (including“classic” relational, warehouse, and NoSQL)
- Work with prospective or current IT customers in Paxata installation planning and administration, including:
- 1) Project Management to drive customer success use-cases and renewals.
- 2) Installation / upgrade procedures, proper hardware sizing /cluster configuration, and
- 3) Performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Build and deliver architecture presentations and / or whiteboard sessions to end-users and prospects
- Work closely with engineering and product management to document and build architecture planning and installation best practices, including technical collateral and guides
- Serve as interface with Cloudera(corporate partner) on overlapping installations
- Ability to understand “Big Data” use cases , and develop business outcome driven use-cases and what it means for both compute and storage resources in order to recommend the appropriate server and storage required in a Hadoop deployment
- Hands-on with “Big Data” technologies with the Hadoop stack (e.g. Spark,MapReduce, Hive, Streaming) and practical experience that allows you distinguish between the implementation reality and the hype
- Strong experience implementing application software in an enterprise Linux environment
- Good understanding of RDBMS,JDBC/ODBC, Integration Technologies, ETL and System Architecture
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or related field; or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of client-facing experience in technical consulting or data analytics professional services
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent presentation skills
- Background in vertical industries such as financial services, government, CPG, and/or high-tech manufacturing
- Experience with DQ and MDM
- Familiarity with analytics applications, such as Tableau, QlikView, Spotfire, GoodData, and/orMicroStrategy
- Experience working with Apache Spark
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision
- Competitive salary + equity
- Flexible PTO- we want the best people but not the best people 24/7. Do great work and enjoy your life enough to come back and do great work.
- Regular town halls and catered lunches.
- Full stocked kitchen with all the snacks, soda and Philz coffee your heart desires.
- Comfortable and fun work environment with ping pong, nerf gun battles and bean bag chairs to kick back in