Why you’ll love Softchoice:
We are a technology company that equips organizations to be agile and innovative, and for their people to be productive, creative and happier at work. That means moving them to the cloud, helping them build the workplace of tomorrow, and enabling them to make smarter decisions about their technology portfolio. By doing these things, we create success faster and in circumstances otherwise not possible.
We stand proudly for our people and support their success through career development and advancement. We are recognized and respected for our culture of inclusion and belonging, continuously striving to do what’s good for our people and communities.
The impact you will have:
As our Sr. Solutions Architect – Google Cloud, you will challenge customers to build agile infrastructure solutions through the adoption of GCP technologies as part of their overall Hybrid IT transformation.
What you'll do:
- The architecture and design of holistic cloud solutions with focus on cloud migration and data center modernization backed by data-driven insights.
- Create strategic cloud roadmaps or initiatives that really move the needle with our customers.
- Contribute to the development of go-to-market strategies for emerging cloud solutions by bringing field knowledge and experience forward and working closely with our business development teams.
- Bridge the gap between business outcomes and IT initiatives.
- Create alignment between the customers of IT and cloud solutions.
- Have a mutual cloud vision that our customers want to embrace and execute upon.
- Specify the deliverables of consulting and implementation projects by writing the statements of work (SOW) for Softchoice services.
- Collaborate with the service delivery teams to ensure the services are delivered as specified in your statements of work and as required to meet customer business outcome objectives.
- Take leadership on enabling our sales, pre-sales and post-sales teams on the value of Softchoice solutions for Hybrid IT.
What you'll bring to the table:
- See yourself as the complementary CTO (or the advisor to the CxO) with our customers.
- Can command the room, but also know when to hold back to observe.
- Are inquisitive, asking the right question at the right time. Your questions are to provoke thought leadership and enable you to better understand.
- Can carry a conversation, both on the technical level as well on a business level. You can easily translate technical jargon to a non-technical audience.
- Provide the right insights, boosting the customer’s confidence in their roadmap and our capabilities.
- Can envision and whiteboard the journey our customer will be embarked upon.
- Can hold people (inside and outside of our organization) accountable for their responsibilities and deadlines.
- Build bridges between organizations, being the facilitator within the technology supply chain.
- Understand and can convey where the future of the Cloud is evolving into.
- A very strong and in-depth understanding of the major cloud providers: Amazon, Google, Microsoft.
- A very strong and in-depth understanding of data center technologies (workloads, data bases, operating systems, virtualization, and tech infrastructure).
- An understanding of emerging cloud technologies, such as in automation, orchestration, cloud management, DevOps, (Big) Data (Science), Security, Portability, Container/Kubernetes, Serverless Compute, AI and Machine Learning.
- An understanding of project management principles, such as WBS, effort estimating, approach definition, budgeting, and the ability to apply these to Statements of Work.
- An understanding of (architectural) frameworks such as TOGAF, ITIL, COBIT.
- GCP Certification(s) are a requirement.
Some reasons why our employees love working here!
- Softchoice has been recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute for 15 consecutive years.
- Softchoice has been certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States for several years.
- Meaningful work that drives professional development.
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry.
- Being part of a winning, high performance team.
- Every employee has 2 paid volunteer days per year to give back to a cause of their choice.
- We have raised over $3 Million through our staff-run charity Softchoice Cares.
- You have the opportunity to take an ownership position here at Softchoice