To execute the vision, strategic direction, and initiative roadmap for strategic, businesstechnology programs. To help define the reference and implementationarchitectures for strategic, businesstechnology programs. To persuade and influence Business andInformation Technology (IT) senior leaders on the architectural direction for strategic, businesstechnologyprograms.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides the architectural leadership in shaping strategic, business technology programs, with an emphasis on application architecture. Utilizes domain knowledge and application portfolio knowledge to play a key role in defining the future state of large, business technology programs.
2. Utilizes broad and deep understanding of the competitive landscape and corporate and business unit strategies to provide context for architectural decision making.
3. Within area of responsibility, continuously pursues advanced knowledge of business technology solutions and maintains understanding of applicable technologies, tools, and services:
4. Defines reference and implementation application architectures.
5. Produces technology roadmaps in support of SI’s application portfolio vision
11. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
6. Monitors application implementation activity to ensure architecture and design principles are upheld.
7. Ensures application implementation solutions support the business objectives (asset gathering, cost optimization, client loyalty improvement), as appropriate.
8. Participates in governance team discussions and provides a strong voice on critical decisions.
9. Establishes relationships with senior IT and Business leaders for the purpose of advancing proposed application architecture solutions.10. Coaches and mentors more junior solution architects.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Additional Job Description:
This position is multifaceted, having exposure to many different areas in Vanguard’s Information Technology Division, partnering with other Sr. Architects in the CTO, Global Technology Operations, and across other Vanguard Lines of Business across the Enterprise. It requires excellent relationship management and communication skills, and an ability to initiate and advocate technology change at the local and Enterprise level.
The ideal candidate will have: