CGH Technologies, Inc. (CGH) is a business solutions firm, specializing in Data Management, Software Engineering, and Business Intelligence solutions. Located within the Washington corridor, CGH has worked successfully with Government, Commercial and International sectors, providing management, development and maintenance, and support of large and complex environments. CGH has an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Sr. Solutions Architect to join the CGH Team.
Lead the systems architecture and technical solution for mission critical application for the customer.
- Serves as technical lead for providing guidance to other solution architects and other members of the system delivery team to include but not limited to developers, testers, system administrators, etc.
- Assist with systems planning development, testing, and deployment activities.
- Provides architectural expertise to managers and technical staff.
- Develops architectural products and deliverables for the enterprise and operational business lines in accordance with the strategy and goals of the organization.
- Develops strategy of system and the design infrastructure necessary to support that strategy.
- Advises on selection of technological purchases with regards to processing, data storage, data access, and applications development.
- Conducts analysis of alternatives and advises of feasibility of potential future projects to management. Tracks current plans that will require IT resources.
- Monitors and reviews the success of systems and ensures efficiency and effectiveness.
- Recommends future computer system technologies that will help in the improvement of business in the organization.
- Integrates IT solution systems for the business with the existing systems.
- Performs research on emerging technologies to support proof-of-concept (POC) capabilities and identify future solutions for the organization
- Work collaboratively with the customer and other contractors supporting the requirements to ensure quality code following customer standards and industry best practices.
- Interfacing with the stakeholders in order to determine systems and their evolving needs and to ensure that a robust and efficient design is developed.
- Provide PM with high-level application and systems design, providing feedback and assessing options and recommendations
- Serves as technical liaison with the business community to communicate challenging IT issues in plain English.
- Advises and works closely with Business Development team and leadership.
Number of Years Experience Required:
- 10+ years of experience designing and delivering complex IT systems.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of hands on application development experience.
Minimum Education and Certifications Required:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technologies, or related field. .
Technical Skills Required:
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- US. Citizen or person with valid U.S. Work Visa who has lived in the U.S. for three or more years.
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems, hardware and software.
- Experience managing and leading medium to large development teams.
- Experience collaborating and partnering with Business Development.
- Experience working with industry specific technologies.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to lead and work in a team environment.
- Ability to set technical direction for multiple application portfolios.
- Ability to identify how information technology can enable the achievement of business objectives.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear and use a computer/keyboard/mouse for several hours on a daily basis.
- May require occasional light lifting of up to 10 pounds.
Candidates selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
CGH offers a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, commuter benefit, and flexible spending account. Other benefits include 401K, paid government holidays, and Paid Time Off (PTO).