Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
The CRM Data and Integration team Sr. Solutions Analyst acts as a consultant and partner with the business community, project teams and business partners to elicit, clarify, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design for our MDM and CRM systems. The Sr. SA is responsible for defining (and/or redefining) business needs for new and/or enhanced products, services or optimized business processes. The Sr. SA is an active participant in agile sprints and will be required to work closely with a variety of internal and external business partners to ensure that all business requirements are understood, documented and met. The Sr. SA generally works on projects of medium to high complexity. The Sr. SA also coaches and mentors other team members in both the SA role and business knowledge to assist in project delivery.
Independently interacts regularly with the Product Owner and other business partners of varying associate/management levels to ensure clarity of the problem/opportunity and elicit business requirements in the form of user stories. Determines and utilizes appropriate elicitation method based on stakeholders and desired outcome to elicit requirements and document information for use in analysis. Validates requirements elicited match the stakeholder’s understanding of the problem and stakeholder needs on medium to high complexity projects. Develops and maintains project documentation including user story acceptance criteria, , system test cases, design documents, detailed data mapping specifications and testing plans according to standard system development lifecycle methodologies ensuring business expectations related to scope are also established and managed.
Demonstrates the ability to obtain and articulate a detailed understanding of the business being analyzed including the organizational structure and relationships that exist between business units and an understanding of the business impact of the request being addressed to provide better insight in solution recommendations. Assists business to identify and clarify business need, problem, or opportunity. Assesses the capabilities of the business channel/group to understand the change needed to meet business needs and achieve strategic goals. Drives and coordinates business readiness on all complexities of projects (i.e., associate communications, policy and procedure changes, coordination of job training aids, etc.).
Develops and evaluates alternative solutions and identifies a recommended solution on medium to high complexity work/projects leveraging existing systems where feasible. Performs detailed data analysis to create recommendations on the solution. Presents evaluation of alternatives and recommendations to the business for the purpose of determining and agreeing upon the best resolution. Uses negotiation skills to influence project team and gain consensus on the selection of the most viable solution. Facilitates the solution selection and decision making process and provides the necessary information to enable the business to make an informed decision. Works with the Product Owner and other business partners to assess related business process changes and impact to users/clients or on current issues and concerns. Assumes responsibility for the resolution of system and process issues and works with the appropriate technical and subject matter experts to provide a solution.
- BS/BA degree and 5 years of related work experience
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies, including Scrum, and ability to work collaboratively with others in an agile environment
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and concepts
- Prior experience working as an analyst on a complex data-driven project
- Advanced SQL skills and demonstrated ability to perform data analysis skills in a complex data environment
- Demonstrated ability to perform end to end testing of data driven development, including as new or complex changes to integrations
- Ability to explain complex data scenarios to the Product Owner and other business stakeholders to get a well-informed requirements decision
- Ability to translate business requirements into detailed specification, including business rules, and detailed data transformations for complex data projects
- Ability to analyze complex data issues or defects to determine the root cause, and recommend a solution
- Demonstrated advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Prior experience working as a Business Analyst in a complex data ecosystem/infrastructure
- Demonstrated ability to develop alternative solutions to complex problems and recommend the best solution to the business and project team
- Ability to apply acquired knowledge from prior experience effectively in new situations (medium to high complexity)
- Must be able to meet with clients of varying levels to gather, document, and analyze system specifications and requirements, work closely with developers and testers in the fast-paced environment.
- Ability offer solutions and the business impact to clients in a clear and concise manner.
- Possesses ability to use effective facilitation skills and techniques to elicit requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders and group size
- Demonstrated successful mastery of major components of the solutions lifecycle
- Possesses effective influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of how the people, processes and technology within an organization interact in relationships and patterns to create a feasible solution on projects of medium to high complexity
- Demonstrated mastery of test strategies, test plans, and test execution
- Data oriented, logical thinker
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Skilled in the use of Visio or other process or flow chart tool to create process and/or data flow diagrams
- Strong knowledge of business processes related to business channel supported
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Prior experience using Informatica IDD, or other Master Data Management tools strongly preferred
- Prior experience using with Salesforce strongly preferred
- Salesforce Admin 201 certification preferred
- Prior experience working closely with developers to define requirements, test, and support deployment of Informatica ETL jobs preferred
- Experience with delivering projects using the Scrum framework preferred
- Prior experience in the Financial Services Industry preferred
- Five or more years of relevant experience working as a data analyst preferred
- Experience working with CA Agile Central Rally to manage agile development
- Experience working with HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) to manage testing
- MSDegree in a technical discipline preferred
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer