In the role of Senior Solutions Designer working in Milwaukee, WI you will be part of the North America IT team. The person will develop application solutions for an area of the business, keeping up on market trends and best practices to help identify opportunities of improvement. The ideal candidate will provide expert-level product and process knowledge and oversight of applications from a build perspective.
- Partners with internal business team to develop process and functional specifications for deploying new functions or changes in the applications and systems landscape
- Oversees build and test of services and solutions, acting as a key design authority during the design process and defining the technical criteria for product selection
- Leads implementation work under technical direction of IT management
- Contribute to decisions on product, tool and method selection, providing input on industry trends
- Monitors and reports on the progress of systems development projects, ensuring they are aligned with business processes and standards
- Leads and integrates cross-functional teams (SAP, non-SAP) to implement integrated business solutions including system, integration, product, performance testing, cutover, implementation, stabilization and turnover after stabilization
- Ensures detailed architecture, design is in accordance with the Enterprise architecture strategy
- Designs environment landscape and refresh strategy
- Direct and support the implementation of software and hardware upgrades
The Other Qualifications:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
- You have at least 6 years of experience designing and developing systems and solutions
- Previous experience working with third-party service providers
- Strong application and/or module-specific skills and experience in Supply Chain processes using SAP ERP.
- Possesses some knowledge of all types of information systems and detailed knowledge of one type
- Has some knowledge of: several IT areas, including development and maintenance; change management; configuration management; reliability and safety methods; software process models and quality assurance
- Demonstrates basic understanding of strategic issues, the systems development life-cycle, and typical problems associated with implementation of information systems
- You are confident and competent. You are diplomatic, professional and exercise great judgment in developing and maintaining excellent business relationships within the business
- Ability to lead Interface design, development activities, having good knowledge of integration tools is preferred.