Sr Solution Architect
As part of VMware’s strategic Global Professional Services Engineering organization, VMware has deployed a central team to develop the core services, solutions, and services software solutions to support VMware’s full Field, Business Unit and Partner organizations. The PSE team is organized centrally within the Global Services organization of Worldwide Customer Operations and brings specialized consulting expertise to support the various worldwide VMware organizations as they help customers implement VMware-based Software-Defined Data Center, Hybrid Cloud, and End User Computing solutions.
As a Solutions Architect within the Global Professional Services team, you will be responsible for the definition, development, rollout, and enablement of Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC), virtualization and cloud solutions and services powered by VMware. You will work closely with various business units, engineering, marketing, professional services, sales, alliances, and partner engineering organizations in designing, validating, and building sales, technical, and service delivery collaterals. You will also work with VMware sales teams to provide Go-To-Market enablement and sales support for joint solution and service selling activities.
As the hands-on technical and sales subject matter expert, the Solutions Architect will be responsible for:
- Professional Services Engineering activities such as proof-of concepts, pilots, use case development, solution validation, workshops, and enablement.
- developing and releasing sales, technical, and service delivery collaterals including sales play cards, customer presentations, deployment guides, best practices, sizing whitepapers and solution reference architectures.
- collaborating with PSE team worldwide, business units, engineering, marketing, professional services, sales, alliances, and partner engineering organizations to develop, validate, and releasesales, technical, and service delivery collateral.
- maintaining deep technical and business knowledge of VMware solution areas and develop new technology integrations and solution capabilities.
- providing expert technical architectural support and guidance for solution opportunities that involve virtualization, cloud infrastructure, management and security, including integration with certain select 3rd party products.
- maintaining technical credibility within the industry and the field through demonstration of thought leadership. This includes participating in delivering technical enablement web conferences and training sessions at VMware and other industry conferences and events.
- VMware Certified Professional with services selling experience with VMware solutions or other enterprise management software solutions.
- Experience in solution selling methodologies such as Customer Centric Selling, Value Prompters, or other industry standard selling processes.
- Proven experience in professional services/alliances/solution engineering/consulting/technical sales with expertise in solution offering development, architecting and deploying management and security solutions, virtualization solutions, and rolling out new technology and solution initiatives.
- Solid infrastructurearchitectureexperience with significant depth around designing, implementing, and managing critical cross-functional integration projects in enterprise datacenters.
- Strong architecture, design and implementation experience with Enterprise Systems Management and IT Service Management domain solutions, products, and industry trends.
- Strong architecture, design and implementation experience with security solutions, products, and industry trends.
- Deep skills in VMware virtualization, cloud, and management products and solutions (vSphere, vCenter, vCloud, vShield/vCNS etc.) strongly desired.
- Prior experience in addressing business and technical stakeholder requirements and translating these to appropriate solution architectures a must.
- Prior experience in developing sales, technical or service delivery collateral a must.
- Prior experience working with virtualization and cloud solutions a must.
- Prior experience working with partners on product integration and solution initiatives is desirable.
- Good understanding of service providers is desirable.
- Managing relations with both internal and external business and technical teams.
- Experience with product, solutions or service development process.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Self starter, detail oriented with good organizational skills.
- Travel 30%
Job ID R172780