Responsible for providing expert technical direction and project leadership for Messaging & Integration to all IT application areas with a strong alignment of the technical architectures, practices and compliance with corporate IT standards. Responsibilities include project planning, design, implementation, administration and support of messaging software, application integration components and middle tier services in support of multiple corporate systems. This role will also be responsible in assessing current technology stack and moving to Cloud based technologies on established standards and in following DevOps/Agile methodologies.
- · Requires the supervision of 1 - 4 internal/external resources. Ensure team is self-motivated/self-reliant and performing at its best.
- · Responsibilities include adhering to the administration of Human
- · Resources policies and procedures by interviewing, recommending hiring, training requirements, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating team/individual, appraising performance, developing team/individual plans for technical and professional skills, recommending rewards and disciplinary actions (addressing complaints, resolving problems, recommending terminations).
- · Manage and Lead Messaging and Integration infrastructure which includes but not limited to WebSphere MQ and IBM Integration Bus (IIB).
- · Evaluate new technologies; align with Daimler’s overall direction & strategies in adopting and building standards for future technology stack for all Messaging & Integration operations.
- · Provide architecture consulting, on-boarding and implementation guidance to customers for new projects.
- · Ensure Messaging and Integration infrastructure continues to stay state of the art to meet customer demand.
- · Ensure systems are designed for high availability and necessary systems backup and recovery processes are in place.
- · Provide installation, configuration, deployments, administration, troubleshooting and tuning of Messaging and Integration products.
- · Develop and support IIB message work flow.
- · Integrate with other Daimler entities and external partners for message routing, integration and transformation.
- · Engage in regular exchange with regional experts in similar function to learn, adopt and continuously improve.
- · Provide operational support to ensure applications are highly available, necessary monitoring and alerts are in place.
- · Provide 24 * 7 supports for PRODUCTION applications whenever necessary.
- · Assign tasks and responsibilities to team and provide migration schedule.
- · Plan out maintenance work and patch cycle on a regular basis and ensure systems are protected against security vulnerability threats.
- · Utilize off-shore team for all standard RUN operations wherever possible.
- · Continuously work on reducing operation costs and improving operation efficiencies.
- · Manage new projects and resources. Ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- · Continue to provide Automation wherever possible.
- · Provide implementation and support for DevOps/Continuous Integration and Delivery pipeline (CI/CD) for application and software update.
- · Implement new applications for zero-downtime model.
- · Adopt and guide team to manage agile and scrum projects.
Bachelor’s Degree (accredited school)
- · Computer/Information Science
- · Information Technology
- · Engineering
- · Management Information System (MIS)
Candidate having 1 or more following certifications is preferred:
- · PMP and/or ITIL certification
- · Administration certification on MQ/IIB
- · Agile/Scrum certification
Must have 5 + years (total) of experience in the following:
- · Strong administrative experience on Message and Integration systems (e.g. IBM WebSphere MQ, IIB).
- · Strong architecture background.
- · Strong analytical skills with strong experience in installation, configuration, troubleshooting and performance tuning of Messaging & IIB systems.
- · Strong UNIX, Shell, Jython and Jacl scripts background.
- · Perform regular support, upgrade, and patch application.
Must have 1+ years (total) experience in the following:
- · Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkin, UrbanCode)
- · Experience with configuration management platform (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- · Experience with container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes )
- · Agile Software development expert
- · Experience with application development on Linux/AIX based systems
- · Experience in IT security standards
- · Practical knowledge and experience with ITIL principles and processes
- · DB2 in AIX and LINIX environments.
- · Knowledge and experience with HADR and other products that are utilized in a 24 x 7 environment. While DB2 is the primary DBMS in use this individual must have knowledge and/or experience with ORACLE or SQL Server DBMS.
- · Any knowledge of POSTGRE SQL is a plus.
- · Familiar with using most IIB message processing nodes and ESQL, as well as message modelling with MRM and DFDL.
- · Familiar with common MQ administration and related tools including MQExplorer, RFHUtil.
- · Must possess leadership and management skills, customer communication and negotiation skills.
- · Must have a diverse and extensive technical background.
- · Detailed experience with logical/physical data design techniques, client server applications, Data Warehouse techniques.
- · Must be able to “juggle” many tasks simultaneously and possess the agility to shift focus in response to the daily issues that arise.
Must be able to work flexible hours/work schedule
Travel domestically and internationally
Work Holidays when required
Work weekends when required