We are looking for Sr Solution Architect for our client in Columbia, SC
Job Title: Sr Solution Architect
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- The Replacement Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) project is one of the largest IT projects for the client.
- It is a multi-year effort to replace the aging MMIS and related applications with more modern capabilities along with corresponding business operations services.
Daily Duties / Responsibilities:
- The Medicaid Enterprise System Architect will support the Enterprise Services organization by creating highly complex solution architectures in two key areas:
- Development Operations
- The Development Operations division is responsible for developing solutions to support the integration of agency components with the Enterprise Architecture and Replacement MMIS systems including business and data services such as Provider, Eligibility, Claims, Encounters, and Payment subsystems.
- The Medicaid Enterprise System Architect will be directly responsible for architecting the overall enterprise solution, establishing the software engineering standards, leading designing and leading the creation of software solutions that focus on standards-based features and capabilities.
- Release and Deployment Operations
- The Release and Deployment Operations function spans the Development Operations and the Platform Services divisions of Enterprise Services.
- Client is establishing a release management process by which middleware platforms can be governed by their service design while customized, developed assets can be deployed using common continuous integration and deployment toolsets.
- The Medicaid Enterprise System Architect will be directly responsible for working with the Platform Services division to define an enterprise process by which standards-based software solutions will use the toolsets for continuous delivery while maintaining the integrity of platform service delivery.
- Orchestrate and design enterprise platform and software solutions using the client Technology Product Portfolio (TPP) including:
- Liferay DXP
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Oracle WebLogic Application Server
- Oracle SOA Suite
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Oracle B2B
- Microsoft SSIS
- MarkLogic NoSQL Server
- Oracle Database Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Gitlab Enterprise
- Orchestrate and design enterprise platform and software solutions to meet Technical Reference Architecture (TRA) standards including:
- Identity and Access Management
- Identity Federation Standards (SAML, OAuth)
- Application Platform Integration
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Managed File Transfer
- Enterprise Document Management
- Enterprise Service Bus
- Web Services
- Electronic Data Interchange
- Enterprise Data Services
- Enterprise Data Management Pipeline
- Master Data Management
- Analyze application portfolio to develop roadmaps for solution architecture changes for software and platforms to meet compliance with solution designs and TRA standards.
- Perform software architecture and design assessments for new and existing solution implementations to recommend custom asset investment strategy.
- Perform assessment of current and emerging technology in the product portfolio with a focus on technology capabilities and impact to solution architecture.
- Participate as a stakeholder with client to mature release management processes consistent with continuous delivery and continuous integration.
- Participate in the technical architecture review / change governance processes.
- Ten or more years’ experience in designing complex enterprise solutions within a service oriented architecture with specific experience including:
- Standards-based focus on system interoperability using service oriented components
- Proven experience in leading enterprise platform and solution implementation projects
- Demonstrable experience with architecting complex enterprise service bus capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to create complex solution architecture designs
- Demonstrated ability to create solution implementation strategies and roadmaps
- Proven leadership experience for enterprise solution implementation projects
Required Skills (Rank In Order Of Importance):
- Demonstrated architecture and development experience with the software development life cycle of both Windows and Java-based technology implementations.
- Demonstrated experience with cross-platform interoperability for SOA-based Enterprise application implementation patterns
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database, and NoSQL database platform implementation architecture
- Experience with middleware component implement patterns for capabilities as defined in the TPP and TRA.
- Demonstrated experience with security identity implementation standards and patterns
- Ability to create and deliver solution architecture designs to leadership through content and presentations.
Preferred Skills (Rank In Order Of Importance)
- Prior experience working in areas of emerging technology and articulating strategic technology directions.
- Experience in development methodologies (waterfall, agile, etc), enterprise planning, and estimation
- Experience delivering end-to-end solutions
- Implementation of federated identity standards with applications, portals, and middleware components
- Identity federation using SAML 2.0 standard with Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) or similar products.
- Ability to create solution architecture diagrams using modeling tools such as Microsoft Visio
- Public sector/gov’t experiencerequired: preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Technical Science or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Technical Science or equivalent experience