Senior Software Test Automation Engineer
Careers that Change Lives
Within the Health Informatics & Monitoring R&D Systems Engineering group, the Software Test Automation engineer’s primary responsibility will be to support Health Informatics and Monitoring products currently on the market as well as New Product Development efforts with an emphasis towards Software Design Verification and Validation.
Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
A Day in the Life
The Software Test Automation Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing methods of testing, troubleshooting and automation for ventilation and monitoring products and software under development, as well as those already established and undergoing design changes. The incumbent is a team member on project teams, interacting with members from Marketing, Quality, Regulatory, Engineering, Manufacturing, Service, as well as others required for the particular project. This position requires working knowledge and competency in software engineering, test automation and the desire to learn aspects of the other disciplines to facilitate growth into system-level testing and effectively communicate with those in other engineering disciplines.
- Write clear, concise testing and engineering documents, including test protocols/procedures, test reports, as well as other communications to other parts of the organization.
- Demonstrate ability and desire to work within a regulated medical device development environment, particularly based on the FDA Quality System Regulation and ISO 13485.
- Demonstrate competency with software application systems, web and database testing with desire to learn aspects of the other disciplines to grow as a system-level test engineer.
- Work with other test engineers to design and/or develop testing methods and equipment to assure products meet requirements for performance and safety.
- Select and develop appropriate test automation tools, applying the latest techniques in test automation (e.g. data-driven testing)
- Work with Development Engineers and Test Engineers using risk-driven techniques to develop, maintain and execute nightly automated functional, regression and performance test suites
- Provide technical guidance to junior level test engineers and/or off-shore test engineers assigned to automation team
- Work within project teams to complete product testing on time and within budget.
- Perform regression analysis/testing and associated documentation on existing products undergoing change in design or manufacturing process.
- Accurately estimate tasks and track/communicate progress for software verification and validation efforts
- Maintain and manage processes to ensure that computer labs are setup, tested and ready for use
- Review/Develop automation test plans to ensure that lab configurations meet requirements
- Provide support for new project setup and troubleshooting for lab hardware, software, application
- Investigate new technological developments to evaluate their potential advantages to the organization
- Good writing, speaking and organizational skills essential
Must Have: Minimum Qualifications
- Experience using version control systems (e.g. Perforce, Git, Subversion)
- Excellent understanding of test automation frameworks
- Demonstrated experience creating and maintaining automated tests within a fast paced Agile development environment
- Working experience with enterprise level performance testing methodologies, tools and techniques such as LoadwebUI, SoapUI, Load Runner, etc…
- Experience with database development and testing—SQL
- Experience working with VM’s and Clould infrastructure
- Experience with continuous integration environments and tools such as Jenkins
- Good understanding of software testing principles and methodologies, verification and validation techniques, defect tracking tools and procedures
- Demonstrated experience in product design and project planning and management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and initiative in accomplishing objectives
- Strong organization and time management skills; ability to manage multiple priorities
- Attention to detail, thoroughness
- Strong written and verbal communication including ability to clearly articulate design concepts
- Able to work in cross-functional and cross-cultural teams
Nice to Have
- Knowledgeable and experienced in software and hardware development and the processesassociated with product life-cycles.
- Working knowledge of automated requirements and test management tools such as Doors, Rational Requisite Pro, Polarion, etc.
- Working knowledge of modern scriptinglanguages as well as C# and .NET technologies
- Experience working in Windows command line environments (Command Prompt and/or Powershell)
- Experience working with Linux command line environment
- Experience with creating Continuous Integrations server tasks/jobs (e.g., Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Orchestration tool experience (e.g., Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Working knowledge of networking--TCP/IP communications and understanding of routers and switches
- Proficiency in installing and setting up desktops and servers
- Preferences will be given for candidates with direct Python 3 experience