Make Next Happen Now. For more than 30 years, Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) has helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. SVB provides targeted financial services and expertise through its offices in innovation centers across the world. With commercial, international and private banking services, SVB helps address the unique needs of innovators. The IT Product Development Software Quality Assurance team at Silicon Valley Bank is looking for a Senior Software Test Engineer. This associate will lead the day-to-day activities for the global testing team, comprised of FTE and contracted testing resources. The Senior Test Engineer is responsible for the strategy, planning, execution and reporting of all activities necessary to ensure that all application products and services meet organizational standards and end-user requirements. Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for all Testing activities and artifacts throughout the project lifecycle
- Analysis and creation of formal test documentation including project test strategy, plans, and reports.
- Effectively communicates test plans, test reports, and test metrics to SQA Leadership, IT Senior Leadership and the Project Management office
- Completes project estimates across various lifecycle stages for all test types involved in a project. Works with team members Tracks estimates vs actuals for continuous improvement.
- Manages all test deliverables between on-site and off-site vendor teams.
- Responsible for automating test scripts for SVB applications following SVB’s automation framework guidelines.
- Mentors test engineers on automation approaches and scripting to assure consistency and high quality.
- Responsible for assuring adherence to Enterprise Software Delivery Methodology
- Manage test data as input into test execution
- Validate test results and record defects
- Coordinate and plan test runs
- Provide traceability between requirements and test assets
- Research, prioritize, and manage defect reports and resolution activities
- Manages and validates multiple environments to assure test worthiness
- Conceptualizes and implements efforts for continuous improvement of testing artifacts and deliverables. Provides mentoring, training and coaching to peer test leads and test engineers
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in a Test Lead role leading project testing efforts
- Minimum 8 years experience as a test analyst including smoke testing, functional testing, regression testing, system integration testing, and UAT practices
- Demonstrates an ability to establish and manage automation framework architecture
- Proven knowledge of software testing methodologies and practices
- Excellent knowledge of testing methodologies including Agile, Waterfall, and Iterative SDLCs
- Excellent client relationship management skills required
- Excellent planning and leadership skills required
- Ability to build database queries, understand schemas and basic database concepts required
- Experience with enterprise Test Management Software required, JIRA preferred
- Experience with web-development technologies required
- Experience with web services / APIs required
- Knowledge of web application security testing and performance testing preferred.