As a Senior Software Engineer (Salesforce.com) you will drive the implementation of Salesforce.com and its utilization across the organization. Primary duties include working with the Salesforce.com Product Managers, Architect and other business stakeholders to understand their requirements, proposing solutions that meet their needs and implementing end-to-end solutions. On a daily basis, the Senior Software Engineer will develop according to an agile SDLC, respond to questions or issues from users throughout the company and resolve technical and functional support issues. Additional tasks may include developing scripts, managing data loads, reviewing data quality and training othertechnology or product personnel on new features and functionality.
- Manage the technical aspects of Salesforce.com, including the customer portal, custom integrations and applications.
- Maintain the functional areas of data management, monitor end-user security and ensure high levels of data integrity across all systems.
- Implement feature sets using standard and custom objects, workflows, triggers, user roles, security, profiles, workflow rules, email alerts and templates, and campaigns.
- Develop and maintain Visualforce, Apex, and Integration tools to other third-party solutions
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades for optimal performance
- Identify usage and data problems and craft technical / communication plans to remedy.
- Support and train new end users on the Salesforce.com applications
- Participate in cross-functional teams that address strategic business issues involving but not limited to CRM, Marketing, Finance and Sales Operations
- Lead/mentor junior developers through code reviews and advising on best practices
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent required, MS in Computer Science/Engineering a plus
- Background in server-side web application development. Understanding of MVC design pattern
- Strong understanding of REST architecture, working knowledge of SOAP
- 3-5 of active coding development on Force.com platform utilizing Apex, Visualforce and SOQL.
- Expertize with Asynchronous, Batch, Scheduled and Dynamic flavors of Apex
- Ability to provide and consume REST APIs on Force.com platform
- Exposure to SOSL
- Exposure to Lightning component development
- Nice to have Salesforce1 development experience
- The successful candidate will have strong technical, analytical, time management, training, and presentations skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to recognize problems, gather data, draw valid conclusions, and effectively present information to managers, peers, and customers
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people; strong communication skills, both written and oral.