Sr Software Solution Architect ( EMR / EHR )
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
At Guardant Health our mission is to conquer cancer with data; as such software sits at the core of everything we do. While we’re best known for our molecular diagnostics, which unlock the genomic signatures of cancer, these tests are just the first step in the equation. Turning this genomic data into actionable insights shared with thousands of patients, physicians, and researchers in a scalable, reliable, and secure fashion is a software product challenge.
“We wanted flying cars and instead we got 140 characters” is a much-repeated complaint about Silicon Valley. But with all due respect to flying cars, we believe that our mission is even more critical. We’ve raised more than $500M from some of the leading venture firms in the world to work on this problem.
We are building a unique software stack to manage an ecosystem of microservices, RESTful APIs, and data integrations with internal and external systems to deliver useful and elegant user experiences in the extraordinarily complex oncology diagnostic and therapeutic landscape. We connect patients with clinical trials, help clinicians order our test and receive our clinical reports, and deliver valuable genomic datasets to researchers to help uncover important insights into treatment paradigms and drug discovery. Our technology stack reflects our views of using the best tools for the job, employing Java, Python, Ruby along with Kubernetes, Docker, Mule, MySQL, MongoDB, high-performance computing clusters (HPC), and a variety of AWS services to analyze and disseminate vast volumes of genomic data.
About the Role
The Software team is looking for an experienced EMR specialist who thoroughly understands EMR ecosystem and acts as Guardant’s subject matter expert in integrating Guardant’s test order and reporting workflow with its customers and partners.
Precision medicine and oncology practice has recently become more complex with the prevalence of genomics data, which is a relatively new concept for Electronic Medical Record systems. You will be technically challenged to develop innovative solutions to deliver our data to physicians and researchers.
In this role, you will:
- Work with commercial team (product management, sales, operation) to understand and help define the strategic partnerships with customers and partners
- As the primary customer point of contact for data integrations, thoroughly understand customer’s workflow, internal systems and desired integration requirements; turning those requirements into technical specifications
- Develop a technical roadmap with a tactical execution plan to implement, test and deploy customer data integrations
- Identify and communicate opportunities in improving patient care workflow involving Guardant products
You enjoy an agile, fast paced and highly technical environment.
You like working with the customers, understand and articulate their business and technical requirements for integrating their EMR/other systems with Guardant Health enterprise stack.
You work closely with software team and manage the development and deployment of the integration solutions.
In addition, you bring
- 5+ years of experience as solution architect, working with customers for providing integration solutions in Healthcare industry
- 2+ years of experience in managing EMR integrations using HL7/FHIR
- Experience in relational database such as MySQL, Oracle
- Experience in developing/managing integration solutions using Java/Python and web services and schemas such as XML/JSON.
- Knowledge of EMR systems (Epic, Cerner) a plus
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment leveraging an agile development framework
- Bachelor’s degree in softwareengineering, CS, EE or IT.