Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business. Watch this video to learn more about us.
Why people choose to work with us:
Let's start with the cool workspace—after all, that's our business. But that's just one of the ways we help people like you do their best work. We encourage curiosity and critical thinking, we embrace wellbeing in its broadest sense and we provide coaching and inspiration at every step of your career journey.
What you will be doing:
- Partnering with developers and analysts to determine automation related validation plan activities for information technology products to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects.
- Working closely with other QA Analysts to establish project deliverables and timelines around automated test development and execution for traditional Waterfall lifecycle projects as well as Agile projects.
- Assisting in automated test strategy creation for projects
- Designing, building, executing, and debugging automated tests
- Tracking and reporting automated testing effort progress and issue resolution status
- Working with QA Analysts and development teams to determine the best use for automation
- Maintaining the QA team’s suit of test management and automated testing tools
- Recommending architecture and standards for test architecture and test tool ecosystem
- Embracing Agile/SCRUM and DevOps methods to improve software quality
- Partnering with internal DevOps team to include continuous automation in product build pipelines
- Advocating the automation mindset
Technical Components of the position includes such tools and technologies as HPE Quality Center, HPE LoadRunner, MS Visual Studio, Selenium, Bitbucket, GitHub, Jenkins, SAP, Oracle, Web Technologies, Microsoft Office suite, etc.
Who you are:
We are looking for someone who is self-directed and has high initiative to join our team of Automation Specialists. You should be flexible, able to take standards and concepts and apply them to differing situations. You will enjoy working with us if you enjoy exploring new tools and new ways of working. You should have both strong technical & people skills to join our team.
- Strong programming and development skills in languages such as Java, C, .NET
- Ability to embrace details and formulate the ‘big picture.’
- Ability to explain technical concepts to business audiences
- Strong negotiation/interpersonal skills required for interpersonal influence and conflict resolution.
- Ambitious, team player, who is collaborative with all audiences
- Two years of test automation experiencepreferred
- Technical Leadership experience a plus and may result in higher position level placement
- Experience in SAP a plus
- Experience in testing web applications a plus
Your Future Team:
The Steelcase Quality & Automation team’s aspiration is to embed quality best practices into the design, development, and delivery of Steelcase's software solutions through the innovative use of quality assurance testing tools, methodologies, and processes. As a member of our team, you will get experience with a variety of business functions and exposure to a breadth of software and tools that support the business. We value initiative, teamwork, customer service, and good communication. We are a global team of seven – growing to 10 – located in both Grand Rapids, Michigan and Monterrey, Mexico.
We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.
We seek to find the best person to fill this role and will not discriminate based on race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by law.