Sr. Software QA Tester
Job ID: 20883
SGT, Inc. in support of the Volpe National Transportation Systems Center, located in Cambridge, MA has an immediate requirement for a Mid to Senior level Software Tester. The qualified candidate will be a key contributor in testing of a webapplication. The successful candidate should possess a mix of manual and automated testing experience on web based applications, as well as a demonstrated ability to create detailed test specifications, test strategy and test plans. Candidate will develop and conduct functional and non-functional tests by working with the business stakeholders, development teams and the project manager. *Candidate must be clearable for a position of Public Trust**
• Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
• Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test strategy and test plans
• Develop test cases and test acceptance criteria; develop test data necessary to execute test cases
• Define and report meaningful test metrics to support decision making by the project manager; thoroughly identify, record and track defects
• Provide complex technical expertise to engineering management in the development, maintenance and refinement of internal quality control and reliability programs.
• Provide leadership and guidance to less experienced test personnel
• Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
• Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
• 5+ years of experience of QA in fast paced environments software development environments
• BS in engineering, computer science, information systems or other related science degree
• Expertise of adhoc database queries using SQL or SQL toolslike Toad, etc.
• Experience testing web interfaces, data interfaces and reports
• Communication and technical writing skills necessary to produce formal test specifications and test plans
• Analytical, problem solving, time management, priority allocation and task management skills
• Strong presentation skills to present test results to individuals and groups
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Hands-on experience using test automation tools like Selenium is a plus
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of the SGT is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. SGT hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. SGT believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables them to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.