The AWS Hardware Engineering team is driving rapid innovation in the server and storage infrastructure used by Amazon Web Services. Our designs are fundamentally changing the data center, providing operational and financial benefits that are critical to the success of the AWS business and its millions of customers. Our Software Engineers solve challenging technology problems, and take big bets on new concepts, enabling AWS services to continue to revolutionize the industry.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an innovative self-starter. You will work with engineers across the company as well as external companies and lead test automation and hardware device bring-up efforts. You will use your broad experience using and developing automated testing tools, programming languages and knowledge of server system to validate custom hardware and firmware components. AWS Engineers are shaping the way people use computers and designing the future of cloud computing technology - come help us make history!
What you will do: You will be a member of a team designing AWS-specific hardware, firmware and software for a broad range of server systems. You will interact with engineers across the company. You will lead the design, development and automation of device validation on server management and monitoring firmware and software . You will drive the development of white box test routines and tools to meet the needs of new architectures and recommend product improvements based on the results. You will work closely with AWS software and firmware engineers to automate health reporting of these products in production.
Why it matters: Public cloud IT services represent the majority of growth in the overall IT services market and will continue to do so for several years to come. The scale of AWS, combined with an understanding of how our hardware is used, creates a unique opportunity for component customization that will directly benefit customers.
Why you will love it: You will work with engineers across the company to build next-generation devices. You will have a direct impact on our bottom line and the ability to deliver improvements for our developers. You will be part of a growing, fast paced, and fun team. You will have ownership for the implementation of your work. You will see direct product improvements based on the results of your work.
• BS degree or higher in EE, CE or CS
• 5+ years of relevant work experience.
• Hands-on experience in the development and execution of engineering evaluation tests using a high level scripting language (Perl, Python)
• Hands-on experience with validation of firmware, drivers and software
• Experience with modern server systems
• Experience with BMC system fundamentals
• Experience with server management system design and architecture
• Experience with server platform design and architecture
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Linux knowledge
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role •
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation