$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Claim Technology is a team of highly motivated and skilled professionals who are leading Travelers' digital transformation journey and driving business value that creates a sustainable competitive advantage for our company. We deliver, implement and administer technology solutions that enable all Claim employees to be more effective at their jobs and meet the needs of our company's customers.
* Are you comfortable working with product managers, designers, and business partners to deliver high quality, reliable and maintainable software.
* Have the desire to work on a team to improve on what we're doing right and fix what might not be going as well.
* Want to join a team dedicated to the happiness of our customers.
Then, Claim Technology is the place for you!
* Is dedicated to enabling our technology systems to be as intuitive, delightful, automated, and resilient as our customers expect them to be.
* Is an agile team charted to create the tools that help our employees do their best work and our customers easily interface with Travelers throughout the claim process.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
As an Engineer in Claim Technology, you will be a part of one of our agile teams responsible for building, testing, deploying and maintaining solutions to serve a variety of exciting business objectives. Engineers are expected to work across the stack, use a variety of technologies, like .NET, C#, Angular, React, and NodeJS as well as automated unit testing frameworks like NUnit, Mocha, Jasmine and Jest. Engineers work closely with their Product Owner to define technical solutions that provide business value to Travelers' customers, Agents, and Claim Handlers. Engineers are responsible for utilizing DevOps capabilities for continuous integration and deployment to Amazon and PCF cloud platforms. In addition to an extensive catalog of technical courses offered by Travelers, team members have many opportunities for hands-on learning and innovation through pair-programming, innovation sprints, hackathons and code jams
High School diploma or equivalent required. 1 year of programming/development experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred. 3 years of programming/development experience preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Operates standard office equipment. Requires extended periods of computer use. Requires extended periods of sitting.
Licensing or Certificates
Depends on the specific role but some examples may include: ITIL Java certification Microsoft certification.net Kanban/Agile/SAFe
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
Valid Through: 2019-10-18