The Product Specialist, Sr works within the PS Global Banking Practice team which provides architecture competencies and experienced project support staff for the entire Diebold Nixdorf Banking Software Portfolio. The Product Specialist, Sr is a member of the Transaction Engine Team in the area of Vynamic Teller and Transaction Middleware.
- Engage and work with our Software Product Management and Product Development as well as out PS and Pre sales organizations
- Analysis of customer business processes, functional and non functional requirements and technical system environments in order to determine the best solutions for customers
- Drive standardization and process to increase usage of existing solutions packages, solutions blueprints and adherence to product standards
- Manage feedback and product related requirements from customer projects and provide input for the product improvement process
- Act as a stakeholder and project representative in the product development process and identify development potential in the product portfolio in order to lessen the PS effort
- Responsible for driving the knowledge transfer of “your” portfolio by identifying and defining the needed skills for the roles of the PS delivery organization
- Support countries in their capacity planning for the domain experts and work closely with the local practice leads on the development planning for the domain experts
- Creation of specific product trainings and coordination of global software trainings. Planning of product related trainings for employees, partners and customers
- Support customers and local PS delivery organizations during pre-sales by reviewing & verifying their work estimations and support them in the creation of functional specifications and Statement of Works
- Consult delivery teams in regards of tool selection and provide best practices for their usage
- 3+ years of experience in development of Self Service and/or Teller Solutions for banking. Knowledge of the DN Vynamic Transaction Middleware product suite or comparable products an asset
- Bachelor degree in computer science or a related field.
- Understanding of bank business processes in the teller and self-service field
- Knowledge of modern software technologies and development tools like GIT and static code analyzing tools like SonarQube
- Experience with Java Application Servers like RedHat JBoss or IBM Websphere. Expert level experiences in one of the following database systems: Oracle, IBM DB2, PostGreSQL (an asset)
- Experience with Unix based consoles to administer Linux servers. Understanding of network protocols including security aspects like TLS
- Previous work in large development teams with experience in how to handle build tools like Gradle and Continuous Integration System (ex: Jenkins)
- Experience with Agile and waterfall software development methods and tools related to planning mythologies and tools like Jira and Confluence
- Expose to container technology like docker
- Analytical thinker with a systematical attitude
- International travel required.