We are the market leader in field service software solution and as such, our customers expect best in class software solutions and an evolving product that is future thinking and anticipates the needs of tomorrow.
- Implement and enhance functionality with a focus on clean and consistent UI/UX
- Deliver modern, testable and maintainable code
- Debug and resolve moderate to complex problems
- Independently perform problem determination and resolution
- Passion for programming is a must
- 5+ years of experience in web development and dealing with production systems
- Knowledge of object oriented programming, preferably in .NET
- Experience with code optimization for performance and/or memory usage
- Expert understanding & implementation of CSS/SCSS & HTML
- Experience designing and consuming RESTful APIs
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- SQL knowledge is a plus
- Linux experience is a plus
- Bachelor degree in computer science or similar is a plus
- You are proactive and a have a problem solving attitude: you never say "I can't do that"
We value people who are smart, passionate and get things done. Fit is the most important criteria for us when hiring. We can always find “good technicians” but finding “good technicians” who can succeed in our environment is absolutely critical. So, when we say “fit,” what does that mean to us? To “fit” at WorkWave you must be:
- Customer Centric: You have a strong desire to understand and empathize with customers, spending time to truly understand their concerns to ensure that our products and services improve their business performance
- Intellectually Curious and Passionate: You love figuring out what the problem is and finding a way to fix it. You enjoy coming to work each day and have a positive energy that the organization can see and feel.
- Get Things Done: Once you’ve determined the key elements of the problem, you solve it and figure out how to most effectively put that solution in place. You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves, take responsibility and make things happen as an individual contributor but also know how to drive your team to do the same. Once you start them, you like to finish things, not just “checking the box” but making sure that they get done and done right.
- Empathetic and Respectful: You truly appreciate other’s perspectives. You put yourself in others shoes and go out of your way to ensure that all perspectives are heard and understood before decisions are taken
- Team Player: You’re willing to jump in and help whenever and wherever needed by the team. Your goal is to find ways to provide value rather than call attention to your individual performance
- Willing to Make Mistakes and Intellectually Honest When You Do: You are not afraid to make mistakes and, when you do, you admit them, learn from them and ensure they don’t get repeated in the future. Placing blame and spending time pointing fingers is not part of your DNA…learning enough to make sure we don’t repeat the mistake is.
Why work for WorkWave?
Voted one of the Best Places to Work in New Jersey, WorkWave is unique in that it has a large, established base of loyal customers but also has enormous growth opportunities in multiple areas. We are transforming the field service industry, one customer at a time, by building intuitive, best in class cloud-based software, mobile apps and high-value services that solve key pain points our customers face every day, allowing them to save money, save time and improve customer service levels, all at the same time. To do this, we focus on 3 simple things: (1) Hiring and developing great people, (2) Building great products quickly and (3) Turning customers and employees into raving fans. We’re looking for individuals that are passionate about and can help us deliver on those 3 simple (but hard to achieve) tenets.
Work here...Wave hello to a job you’ll love! This position is based at our home office in the historic Bell Works complex located in Holmdel Township, New Jersey.
We offer a robust benefits package, including health and dental, paid time off, a 401k with company match and a great environment filled with energetic, fun, team oriented people. Most importantly, at WorkWave, there IS such a thing as free lunch. By bringing in lunch from local businesses Monday through Thursday for our entire NJ staff, we support local business and offer a great perk, all at the same time. On Fridays we encourage employees to take advantage of the hour lunch break away from their desks and explore what the Bell Works “Metro-Burb” has to offer!