You are an intellectual super-power with an awesome attitude, inquisitive mind and a strong desire to work with the incredibly smart people who are enabling our extraordinary growth. If you join the Marqeta team, you will be an integral part of this very fast growing technology company with a one-of-a-kind culture. We are devoted to providing meaningful career experiences through challenging work, collaborative partnerships, and ongoing development.
- Building high quality web products
- Working in a culture where learning and improving the craft of writing code is valued just as much as shipping.
- Providing code reviews, pair-programming, and giving compelling tech talks
- Implementing sound engineering practices and processes
- Developing core user interface functionality for our web platform and applications
- 5+ years of web development experience
- Experience working with RESTful JSON APIs
- Experience working on large-scale consumer websites, with attention to scalability and performance concerns
- Fluent in Ruby and excellent knowledge of Ruby on Rails; if lacking, demonstrate why you're a quick study
- Solid understanding of development life cycle and Git workflows
- Strong commitment to quality and a high degree of self-motivation
- Great communication skills
- Demonstrated record of delivering projects on time
- Consistently writes tests
- Comfortable with Relational Databases such as MySQL or Postgres
- Enjoys working as part of an awesome team
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
Bonus points for
- Previous experience in the payments industry
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery
- Experience with AWS
- Experience working with Java
- An active GitHub repository
- Be a member of an exceptional team - we’re growing and your career with us will too!
- Rich suite of benefit plans - Employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off plan
- Market-leading fully paid Parental Leave
- Retirement savings - 401k plan with a Company match
- Meaningful Equity
- Quarterly Hack Weeks to support and reward innovation
- Beautiful downtown Oakland office in a great location, with stunning views of Lake Merritt
- Conveniently located close to public transportation
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsite, etc.
- Commuter and Parking monthly subsidy
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays, and more. Access to corporate gym membership rates and other discounts and employee perks!