How this role will make an impact:
- Petsmart is aggressively accelerating its web team and we are looking forstrong, experienced team members who can drive usforward. Creates web solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Internet/intranet applications using the latest technologies in support of business and IT needs; technically leading team of internal and external web developers. Be prepared to work in a high-impact, dynamic environment with changing priorities, development methodologies, and technical solutions.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Act as a full stack developer across PetSmart’s various web solutions
- Work with product team to turn high fidelity design into an interactive web experience
- Work with product and UX teams to review designs and concepts and offer suggestions to decrease complexity while maintaining the spirit of the experience
- Proactively make recommendations for technical enhancements for better performance, scalability, and maintainability
- Accountable for delivering in an agile environment
- Creates/oversees completion of technical development on web solutions
- Works with cross functional IT and business teams to design and develop solutions based on business requirements.
- Identify areas of improvement in design, implementation, process, tooling, automated testing, SQA.
- Mentor less experienced developers.
- Remain current on latest web technologies seeking to integrate them in solutions where appropriate.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase / open source alternatives.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years hands-on experience with web development.
- Full stack web design and architectural skills.
- Experience with various JS libraries and frameworks (React, jQuery, Angular, etc.)
- Experience with MVC and Object-Oriented Programming concepts
- Experience implementing responsive design and adaptive design
- Demonstrated strong front-end development skills especially concerning accessibility, extensibility, client-side computing, object-oriented design patterns, and object-oriented CSS
- Experience with SASS/Less/PostCSS Frameworks
- Demonstrated passion for user experience design and usability
- Familiar with and experienced in making use of open source components.
- Ability to address short term tactical requirements without losing site of the longer range strategic direction.
- Self-motivated and discipline to meet deadlines with speed, accuracy and professional attitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and trouble-shooting skills.
- Collaborative and a team player.
- Ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner and work around obstacles to ensure project success.