The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for the backend systems development and maintenance of Vertiv’s LIFE Services Cloud Platform that currently leverages ASP.NET MVC/Core and micro-services. The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for multiple systems that exist within the LIFE Services Cloud Platform working closely with a team of supporting Software Engineers that include application, web development, databases and messaging services AMQP.
- Participate in the review and translation of Marketing and Engineering requirements into tasks that include time estimates to be used in Rally and a WBS.
- Attend and participate in team break-outs, design and scrum meetings.
- Manage and update current work efforts as recorded in User Stories and tasks within Rally.
- Design, code, build & engineering test UI website and applications.
- Adhere and execute the SCM (software configuration management) policy for version control (Git).
- Integrating with front-end developers
- Designing and building application layers
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 5 years as a Software Engineer
- Highly proficient in ASP.Net Core, MVC, C# and C++.
- Highly skilled at independent and group problem solving, solutions design, high-quality coding and entity framework.
- Ability to develop ideas and showcase independent judgement.
- Experience in RESTful web services, Linq, MSSQL, Microservices and Containerization (Docker, Rocket) a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong willingness to learn and ask questions.