Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliable. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. (sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Build scalable, fault-tolerant batch and real-time data ingestion pipelines, data transformation and data mining jobs
- Responsible for analysis and development of Big Data solutions.
- Document technical applications, specifications, and enhancements.
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, quality and efficiency.
- Integrate the web application with NoSQL databases leveraging the existing Kafka platform
- Maintain production systems (Talend, Spark/Scala, Java microservices, Kafka, Hadoop, Cassandra, Elasticsearch)
- Develop reusable patterns and encourage innovation that will increase team velocity
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure code developed meets or exceeds coding best practices guidelines, unit testing, security, and scalability and maintainability guidelines
- Drive a quality mindset within the team
- Anticipate issues and act proactively to address potential issues
- Work with sometimes ambiguous / conceptual requirements and guide the technical team to provide functionality with the right amount of engineering
- Collaborate with business and technical stakeholders while defining solutions.
- Lead engineers in making sound, sustainable, and practical technical decisions.
- Foster high-performance, collaborative technical work resulting in high-quality output.
- Collaborate on the design with other team members and product owners, both inside and outside the core team
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and software engineering best practices to other software engineers
- Work with geographically distributed teams, with ample opportunity to learn from and mentor teammates in a fast-paced environment
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Relevant Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a related field
- 7+ years of hands-on software engineering experience with object-oriented and/or functional programming
- 4+ years of Java/J2EE software development experience with Spring framework
- 3+ years of experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- 2+ years of experience with Spark/Scala, Talend, or Python
- 1+ years of experience with NoSQL DB (Cassandra), ElasticSearch, Kafka, AVRO, GraphDB
- 1+ year of experience of managing team of engineers.
- Hands-on experience on programming languages – Spark/Scala
- Experience with Github, Jenkins CI/CD, JUnit and Docker
- Hands-on experience on using PAAS like – Kubernetes, Openshift
- Solid background on the automated unit testing technologies
- Solid understanding of NoSQL and its data modeling
- Demonstrated success in building design patterns and software engineering best practices
- Ability to develop and execute strategic plans
- Excellent communication skills
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Background or experience with Public Cloud such as Azure
- Proven experience with open source technologies
- Disciplined, engineering oriented mind set
- DEVOPS experience
- Experience in the health care industry
- Aptitude for learning and be a great team player
- Scala / Java
- Apache Airflow
- SQL, Hive , Hbase
- Unix Shell Script
- Elastic Serach
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.