Splunk’s Splunk UI team is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join the team and work on our design system component library. As a senior UI engineer, you will have the opportunity to closely work with UI/UX designers, product manager and technical artifacts to work on a UI component library that will be used all across Splunk. This role will have a huge impact on how UI applications are built at Splunk and you will have the chance to be a part of this development. Our team is passionate about UI development, high quality code, and continuous delivering customer value.
What you'll do
- You'll build world-class data analytics experiences
- You'll build internal tools and SDKs for product team
- You'll develop modern user interfaces that are both desktop and mobile browser friendly and efficient.
- You'll collaborate closely with PM, User Experience and backend engineers to understand customer needs and translate them into product features.
- You'll participate in development of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing and ongoing support of systems.
- You'll maintain and improve existing code with a pride of ownership.
What you'll need
- At least 8+ years of experience in the industry working with client-side technologies; or equivalent practical experience
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to develop with modern web technologies; React, Redux, Jest, Webpack, Storybook, etc.
- Experience building out component libraries/frameworks and successfully deliver to stakeholders.
- Exposure to concepts and techniques to apply i18n/l10n, a11y/508 compliance.
- Can develop strong relationships with cross functional team members and foster a strong culture of collaboration.
What We Offer You
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate a phenomenal environment.