We are growing the digital technology team to power the future of digital news and promote quality journalism. We’re looking for a smart and talented software engineer who wants to contribute to the future of journalism and fit into our culture of collaboration and innovation.
As a senior web frontend software engineer, you will help enhance troncX’s web sites for properties like the LA Times, Chicago Tribune, Baltimore Sun and other publications.
- Works as part of a team to continually refresh and enhance our users’ web experiences using an Agile Development Methodology.
- Works on the most complex components of core systems with little or no guidance
- Consistently delivers excellent work results and mentors less-experienced team members.
- Assist key stakeholders (i.e. software engineers, application support, operations, vendors) in troubleshooting issues as they arise
- Participate in department and interdepartmental projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 6-8+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies, practices, and procedures, with an emphasis on Agile methodologies (XP or Scrum).
- Expertise in the following areas:Comfortable working in AWS-hosted Linux environments.
- Responsive / Adaptive Web Design
- Website performance analysis and improvement
- Creating web sites that are accessible to users who require assistive technologies
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Able to solve critical issues & work well in time critical situations, with occasional availability after hours for emergency troubleshooting.
- Able to participate in occasional travel to other Tribune business units, vendors, or client sites.
Job ID 2018-48289