Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested?Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Discovery Traffic Generation team you will play a central role in implementing Grubhub’s traffic acquisition strategy including All Menus, Menupages, Nitrosites, Online Ordering Links, Affiliates, and SEO. You will partner closely with Engineering leadership and Product stakeholders to drive technical designs and leverage your own experience to solve the most challenging and difficult problems the team faces.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Design, implement, deliver, and test awesome technology solutions while understanding our products from both a technical and business perspective in the context of our larger business.
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities.
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for our diners, restaurant, corporate accounts and internal stakeholders.
- Build and deploy features with limited or no reliance on QA
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices and new technologies.
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming, or Engineering related field
- 5+ years experience building highly-scalable, consumer-facing applications (e-commercepreferred)
- Experience with End-to-End (E2) testing frameworks
- Experience working in a test-driven development
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to mentor/coach engineers
- Experience overseeing the technical work of developers from other teams or 3rd party vendors
- Java, C#, or a similar modern object-oriented language
- Knowledge of, or experience with developing distributed systems
- Familiarity with eventually consistent databases (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB)