Hi. We’re TiVo. At our core, we’re innovators who continuously seek to fuel the ultimate entertainment experience. We touch the lives of binge-watching, music-loving, entertainment fanatics every day by inventing and delivering beautiful user experiences, and enable the world’s leading media and entertainment providers to nurture more meaningful relationships with their audiences.
We work hard, celebrate success and challenge everyone in our organization to make an impact. If you are as passionate as we are about the intersection of technology and entertainment, join us today.
TiVo is seeking a successful candidateexperienced in software development to join the Engineering Department within the Data Solutions Group. This group is responsible for building and improving upon the existing data infrastructure that is revolutionizing the way in which people manage their television guidance and entertainment viewing experiences across every TiVo platform.
The successful Sr. Software Engineering candidate will:
- Support ongoing industry initiatives to provide global standards for the entire range of digital media assets that are relevant to entertainment commerce.
- Be involved with supporting multiple software packages that are comprised of C# and Java. The applications are hosted on both Windows and Linux servers.
- Be a self-starter and able to manage work load, tasks and projects with minimal supervision, driving all the necessary activities to completion by coordinating across various teams.
- Have customer-facing communication skills and ability to interact with external organizations.
- Provide on-going product maintenance and enhancements to production applications.
Required Experience & Skills:
- 7+ years programming overall
- At least 4+ years programming with C#/ .NET/ JAVA/
- Expert-level development experience implementing .NET-based applications.
- 1-2+ years of programming with relational databases using SQL Server 2005/2008/ (designing schema, writing and maintaining stored procedures)
- Object oriented design concepts, techniques and patterns
- Excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills.
- A proven track record of developing high-volume database application software, from initial requirements definition into production. This includes the ability to design and implement complete software solutions using the above technologies based on requirements and functional design documentation.
- Analytical thinking skills for resolving ongoing issues or defects.
- A strong determination to deliver on commitments.
- Understanding of the complete software development lifecycle and the value of designing and building for quality.
- Responsiveness and flexibility as a team player that is self-motivated, self-starting and enthusiastic
- Willingness and aptitude to embrace new ideas and master concepts rapidly
- Bachelor's degree in a technology field or equivalent experience
The following qualifications are not required but are considered a bonus:
- Experience with Python
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployments (CICD)