Thomson Reuters Special Services, LLC delivers a comprehensive suite of solutions designed to help customers achieve mission objectives, address uncertainty, and identify and manage risk. We leverage Thomson Reuters' market-leading solutions to help our clients perform intelligence collection and analysis on cyber security, supply chain risk, insider threat detection, and risk management issues.
As a Software Engineer on the TRSS team, you will be working on projects that support and extend the full stack of the TRSS solutions suite to deliver global data using advanced search, big data ingestion and analytical processing using tools like MongoDB, Elastic, and Kafka as well as building leading edge web applications. You will work closely with the other members of the TRSS analytical staff and development to capture customer requirements and design new solutions. This role requires a polyglot engineer who is comfortable with data-intensive systems as well as some frontend UI development. You will be working with an extensive codebase, but this role is a great opportunity to engage in new development.
• You will be part of the specialized TRSS development team and will design implement and deliver software solutions and data science efforts, as well as enhance and support existing applications.
• You will engage the TRSS analytical staff to gather requirements, generate ideas, and develop documentation.
• You will demo new software solutions as needed.
• You will learn and expand your skill set on the job.
• You will be expected to own your work and be passionate about the success of the customer.
• Must have, or, be able to acquire and maintain, a US Government Security Clearance
• Proficient in multiple programming languages (particularly interested in JVM languages like Java, Scala, and Groovy), python
• Strong engineering skills with relevant experience a must
• AWS experience desired
• A good understanding of distributed computing concepts
• Experience with Kafka preferred
• Experience with Restful web services using JSON and XML
• Big Data analytics experience preferred especially with ETL and data wrangling
• Experience with information retrieval technologies such as Lucene and ElasticSearch preferred.
• NoSQL DB experience desired especially MongoDB
• Unix/Linux experience preferred
• Must be a passionate, smart, and articulate technologist
• Self-starter and results oriented
• Must possess a strong personal work ethic
• Must be of strong moral and ethical character
• Must be able to operate under pressure with dynamic requirements.
• Must be able to work alone and on an Agile team.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
McLean-Virginia-United States of America;Rochester-New York-United States of America
Req #: JREQ131403
Locations: McLean-Virginia-United States of America|Rochester-New York-United States of America
Job Function: Technology Development