Thomson Reuters Special Services, LLC delivers a comprehensive suite of solutions designed to help customers achieve mission objectives, address uncertainty, and identify and manage risk. We leverage Thomson Reuters’ market-leading solutions to help our clients perform intelligence collection and analysis on cyber security, supply chain risk, insider threat detection, and risk management issues.
As a Software Engineer on the TRSS team, you will be working on projects that support and extend the full stack of the TRSS solutions suite to deliver global data using advanced search, big data ingestion and analytical processing using tools like Snowflake, Solr, and Neo4j as well as building leading edge web applications. You will work closely with the other members of the TRSS analytical staff and development to capture customer requirements and design new solutions. This role requires a polyglot engineer who is comfortable with data-intensive systems as well as some frontend UI development. You will be working with an extensive codebase, but this role is a great opportunity to engage in new development.
- You will be part of the specialized TRSS development team and will design implement and deliver software solutions and data science efforts, as well as enhance and support existing applications.
- Immediate need will be in building and maintaining high-performing, front-end big data visualizations and analytics.
- You will engage the TRSS analytical staff to gather requirements, generate ideas, and develop documentation.
- You will demo new software solutions as needed.
- You will learn and expand your skill set on the job.
- You will be expected to own your work and be passionate about the success of the customer.
- Must be a passionate, smart, and articulate technologist.
- Must be a self-starter and results oriented.
- Must possess a strong personal work ethic.
- Must be of strong moral and ethical character.
- Must be able to operate under pressure with dynamic requirements.
- Must be able to work independently and remotely on a distributed Agile team.
- Must have a BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Must have experience with Git, Jenkins or other CI/CD tools.
- Experience utilizing the Neo4J platform, including its analytics libraries.
- Strong familiarity with React, Vue.js, D3, Bootstrap, and other similar sites and tools.
- Experience with Redis.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with information retrieval technologies such as Solr, Lucene and/or ElasticSearch.
- Experience with Snowflake
- Experience with Unix/Linux.
- A good understanding of distributed computing concepts.
- Experience with Big Data analytics, especially with ETL and data wrangling
- Ability to acquire and maintain, a US Government Security Clearance