The Senior Software Engineer for Commercial, Specialty, and Agribusiness applications will provide thought leadership and own the server environments that the policy administration system resides on. The Senior Software Engineer will have a passion for making incremental progress to improve overall health of the environments, including the ability to collaborate with both internal and external partners such as architects, engineers, and leaders. The Senior Software Engineer will play a key role in our technology product’s future success.
The Senior Software Engineer will enforce testing practices, leverage change control practices, and develop and maintain scripts within the environments ensuring optimal health and performance. The employee would work closely with the product release manager, DBA, performance engineer, and production support Supervisor.
This position could be a home office (Neenah, WI) or remote position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with customers and internal technologists to define success.
- Define, code, and deliver improvements for our Commercial applications. This includes in house applications in .Net, Java based packaged applications from 3rd party vendors using Oracle
- Implement change control process for lower environments, ensuring changes have been tested and do not introduce configuration drift
- Ensure all environments are configured consistently and meet industry best practices
- Perform expert troubleshooting when issues arise in environments, including working with 3rd party vendor to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Ability to diagnose, characterize, debug, and correct issues across multiple platforms.
- Work with Infrastructure to create strategy for, configure, and manage Application Performance Monitoring tools including Instana, Google Analytics and OmniCenter
- As needed, Analyze, design, program, test, and implement system changes to fulfill business needs or problems, utilizing all phases of the system development life cycle (SDLC)
- Participate in the 24x7 on-call support rotation
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or associates degree with equivalent experience
- A passion for improving applications and focus on the customer
- At least 5 years of programming experience in an object-oriented language
- Experience in both Windows and Linux environments, including Web, App, and Database server concepts
- Experience with Powershell, batch files, bash scripts, and an understanding of database scripting