Syapse is a market leader in precision oncology solutions that help health systems and providers deliver cutting-edge treatments, resulting in better health outcomes and lower costs. Syapse offers a robust software platform that brings together previously fragmented clinical, molecular, treatment, and outcomes data for delivery within a physician’s workflow. In addition, Syapse customers have access to the Syapse network, the largest precision oncology data-sharing consortium in the world.
Leading health systems, including Intermountain Healthcare, Providence St. Joseph Health, and Stanford Cancer Institute, have adopted Syapse to manage nearly one million active cancer cases across 25 states and in nearly 300 hospitals. The company was founded by Stanford-trained scientists and is backed by Ascension Ventures, Safeguard Scientifics (NYSE: SFE), Social Capital, GE Ventures, Intermountain Healthcare Innovation Fund I, LP.
Come join the team that is transforming healthcare and making meaningful improvements in the lives of cancer patients.
About this role:
We are looking for a software developer in test with significant development and testing experience to improve the quality of code, data, and user experience. This role is a software development role focused on designing and implementing software quality strategy for the Syapse SaaS platform and applications. We want to fundamentally invert the Man-Machine ratio and make it trivial (cost and time wise) to perform regression, functional (unit & integration), and performance testing.
- An advocate of quality in all aspects of product development focused on customer value and quality of customer experience. You are expected to strategize, implement, and improve our continuous integration tools to find defects early in the software development life cycle.
- Focus on data correctness and completeness to ensure high standards of data quality, building automated quality checks during all phases of the data lifecycle.
- Implement rules-based decision making for various features of our applications, focusing on testing the feature correctness via test driven development.
- Comfortable designing data structures and automating business logic testing as you are at implementing unit tests, integration tests, and performance tests.
- Well-versed with the tenets of agile methodologies and experience working with dynamic agile teams. Our teams are high pace cross-functional agile teams and require QA to be embedded within such team and build automated tests while the features are being developed.
- Experience testing web-scale platforms and applications, and have a working knowledge of a variety of open source technologiesrequired to efficiently test our enterprise SaaS applications.
- You should be comfortable testing our SaaS application on various browsers, various devices for exceptional user experience. You must be able to efficiently test the application on multiple browsers and devices with different form factors.
- As Syapse grows, out products have to support accessibility, internationalization, and localization. Experience with accessibility testing, I18N, L10N is required.
- Have informed opinions about the various test automation technologies and be passionate about the best ways to implement a reusable, maintainable, and scalable test automation framework.
- Build, deploy, and manage test automation frameworks to check for product scalability, reliability, consistency, and performance.
- Strong understanding of Test-driven development or Behaviour driven development tools like JUnit, NUnit, Lettuce, Cucumber, Selenium, SoapUI, Jasmine, Karma, Protractor etc. Knowledge of programming languages like Python, Java along with knowledge of databases like PostgreSQL is expected.
- We’re a small team, so you’ll be a key member of the engineering team with an opportunity to have a big impact on what we are building. As an advocate of quality, you’ll be expected to have ideas and opinions about how we can improve our product and its user experience.
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills are required to excel in this role. You will be required to work with many stakeholders; product team for requirements, developers for understanding how the module or application works, fellow QA staff for writing tests, and operations for managing builds and deployments.
- 5+ years of experience writing production quality software
- B.S or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in TDD, BDD based frameworks like Lettuce, Selenium or similar tools
- Strong knowledge of web browser automation through webdriver based or similar tools
- Proficiency in building and performing unit, integration, performance testing
- Strong understanding of Unix operating systems, memory management, file I/O, network & socket programming, concurrency, and multithreading
- Strong understanding and experience working with REST APIs
- Strong understanding of database concepts, data modeling
- Familiarity with Jenkins, CircleCI or other continuous integration tools
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL or NoSQL databases
- Fluent in writing well-documented code
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work alone and in teams
- Open attitude to take on additional projects
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in a regulated industry (e.g. finance, healthcare, etc…)
- Experience working with offshore / nearshore teams
- Experience with service-oriented architecture e.g. microservices
- Specialized testing knowledge such as security or privacy testing
- Experience managing servers on Amazon Web Service (AWS) or any other cloud computing solution like Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud etc.
- Experience with containerization technologies like Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with chaos testing would be beneficial