Who You Are
- You've enjoyed the last 4+ years writing RESTful services in object-oriented or functional programming languages. We use (mostly) Ruby, and will be happy to teach you if you do not.
- You have a strong understanding of computer science fundamentals. That often comes with a CS degree, but we don't care whether you have one or not.
- You are a mature and well-rounded software engineer; this is not an entry-level job. You design-for-test, minimize shared mutable state, and seek simplicity.
- You stay on top of the latest and greatest tech in the industry.
What You'll Do
- Build the import, curation, and management systems responsible for all listing data and the core revenue flow of Apartment List.
- Work in a small team of dedicated and excitable software engineers.
- Wrangle an ever-expanding network of microservices.
- Use the right tool for the job. Our backend is powered by Ruby, PostgreSQL, Kinesis, and AMQP, and we are always open to new ideas on how to make us more productive.
- Collaborate closely with the larger engineering team. We expect you to be great, and we expect you to make us all better.
- Bring delight and simplicity to millions by solving a critical problem in their lives.