Engagement at this scale creates over 1TB of data daily, streamed into a real-time pipeline. This data is consumed by teams of data scientists, analysts, and engineers to optimize the experience for our users. Your role will be to manage & enhance this pipeline, collaborate with other teams to make additional metrics available, and push the leading edge of what’s possible for real-time personalization of our products.
You will be part of a recognized and passionate team that is focused on advanced monetization strategies to bring our amazing web products to students free of charge. Data is already at the heart of both our ads & subscription businesses and you will be core to our ongoing growth.
- It is collected/enriched by OpenResty/Nginx
- Streamed into fluentd
- Streamed to kinesis & elasticsearch
- Events pushed to Google Analytics, exported to BigQuery
- 2+years software engineeringexperience, specifically with:
- Streaming systems (ideally Fluentd and/or Logstash)
- ElasticSearch & Kibana
- AWS, Docker (ideally docker-compose/convox/ECS)
- Strong blend of technical and creative skills
- Experience working closely with engineering teams, researchers and business leaders
- Strong communication, and demonstrated ability to contribute to multiple projects, team goals and deadlines
- Detail oriented, analytical, and experienced with web technologies
- Experience working with distributed development teams and over communicating about progress and challenges to hit business goals
- An insatiable appetite to transform education through data.