Single Digits, Inc. is a global provider of comprehensive High-Speed Internet Access (HSIA), management and monitoring solutions that enable full service, customized Wi-Fi and wired access for businesses and service providers of all sizes. Single Digits' Business Access Portal™ allows businesses to deliver their own brand of HSIA service, permitting highly customized, location-based service offering.
About the Position:
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the design, development, testing and delivering software applications to Single Digits’ customers. The engineer will follow standard Agile development processes, and work closely with Product Management to understand and develop new features for our customers. Overall experience with Java is required, including web user interface (JSP), middle-ware business logic, and backend database interfaces. Engineers in this position must either have experience with the networking industry or be quick to learn new skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work under the guidance of Director of Software Engineering to architect and develop solutions.
- Maintain existing code, and develop and test new code.
- Collaborate with customers and functional experts to understand technical requirements.
- Work on a team using Agile development processes and procedures
- Develop JSP web user interfaces, business logic using Java, and database interfaces to MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and MySQL
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- 5-7 years of experience with Java, and related development tools
- Experience with developing cloud-based applications
- Experience in or knowledge of the networking industry preferred