The Sr. Software Engineer / SAP Finance ABAP Developer will work with business product owners, developers, and quality analysts to drive value delivery and will participate in all phases of software development. Key Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Designs, codes, tests, and implements programs; develops system documentation.
- Performs unit tests, monitors results, and takes required corrective actions as needed.
- Mentors and coaches other members of the team.
- Assists in the deployment of applications.
- Optimizes and enhances applications and interfaces to meet SLA/functional requirements.
- Provides subject matter expertise and technical consultation in new systems development, new package system evaluations and enhancement of existing systems.
- Drives engagement with ITS Security and Infrastructure teams to ensure secure deployment of vendor applications.
- Assists product owners in systems analysis and creation of documentation for all business processes.
- Interfaces with the Product Owner and IT partners to develop acceptance criteria for features and user stories and ensures acceptance criteria are met.
- Coordinates new product reviews, tests and pilots with other IT members, customers and stakeholders.
- Coordinates feasibility studies/proofs of concept to evaluate solutions.
- Coordinates structured walkthroughs, secure coding, and technical reviews ensuring application coding and design follows secure coding and design principles.
- Assists in the production support and maintenance of applications as needed.
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience and technical training is required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in ABAP development and programming
- ABAP development experience in SAP Functional areas minimum of FI/CO required
- Cross-functional ABAP Development experience including lead developer role on SAP projects
- Demonstrated aptitude in SAP development skills – Data dictionary, ABAP, Performance tuning, Object oriented programming, Data Migration, Interfaces and enhancements
- Hands on experience in SAP Custom Development – ALV reports, ALE/IDOCs, BDC, User Exits, BADI, SAP Smart Form, SAP Script, BRF/BRF+
- Ability to design and develop applications which integrate with other systems, platforms, and external services
- Knowledge of integration concepts such as web services, ALE, and Process Integration/Process Orchestration(PI/PO)
- Exposure to HANA programming (preferred)
- Working knowledge of FI, CO, BW
- Functional/configuration experience with SAP and/or Ariba a plus
- Experience as a team member on project teams in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience on Agile teams is preferred.
- Expertise in design and implementation of IT solutions
- Strong knowledge and understanding of structured analysis and technical design techniques.
- Experience working with large data sets with a focus on performance.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of agile practices in a cross-functional environment preferred.