How this role will make an impact:
In this role you will enhance, improve, and develop on the SAP Finance/HR platform.
As part of the Application Development Team, you will collaborate with Solution Managers, Architects and Developers to produce high quality solutions to support PetSmart business.Youwill also be responsible for communicating and mentoring other members of the team. The engineer will execute the build, test and deployment of the solution to ensure it meets design specification and ultimately the business requirements.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- SAP technical expert to develop code/manage/configure Finance/HR. Creates/oversees completion of technical configuration and development specifications
- Works closely with Application Analysts to identify gaps between business requirements, functional design and standard SAP application capabilities and negotiates resolution
- Develops solutions with an understanding of large volume processes/processing and a deep understanding of performance impacts, best practices and approaches
- Works in collaboration with Application analysts and cross functional IS and business teams to design and develop solutions based on business requirements
- Conducts Unit testing and supports all QA and UAT efforts through application readiness, preparation of test environments, creation of data and user profiles, etc
- Works directly with otherSAPdevelopers on requirements, design and code reviews Leverages latest coding standards (Object oriented) and techniques in SAP Development but also be able to change/read existing ABAP code.
- Creates technical design for new projects and enhancements to existing projects within SAP IS Retail Solution
- Deploys software changes, regulatory updates, and change requests with appropriate test and back out plans for highly complex changes
- Work on multiple concurrent projects, meet business expectations, influence outcomes and maintain stated timelines
- Strong experience in working with Articles, Price and Purchase orders preferred in the SAPRetail environment.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- BA/BS Degree in IT, MIS or business related functional disciple.
- Code Development in SAPexperience, preferably in the Finance and HR areas.
- Minimum 9 years hands-on experience on SAP Development using ABAP
- Minimum 3 years hands-on experience in procedural ABAP or OO ABAP as well as development in WebDynpro applications
- Expert level experience in implementing projects in SAP by leveraging one or more of the following:
- Middleware Integration with SAP
- ABAP Workbench
- ABAP Objects
- ALE, BAPI, BADI’s, IDOCs, BDC and ALV Programming
- RFC calls
- EDI integrations in the full System Development Life Cycle
- Expert level experience using SAP ABAP programming tools including Report and Transaction creation, Interfaces, Enhancements, Conversion Programs, SAPscript, and SmartForms, Screen Painter BDC, LSMW, enhancing User Exits
- Ability to address short term tactical requirements without losing site of the longer range strategic direction
- Strong functional business process expertise in IS SAPRetail
- Self-motivated and discipline to meet deadlines with speed, accuracy and professional attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical and trouble-shooting skills
- Collaborative and a team player
- Ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner and work around obstacles to ensure project success