Sr. Software Engineer
Engineering - Development San Jose, California
Sr. Software Engineers will understand the implications of major design decisions, and will be responsible for highlighting important or difficult decisions, ensuring that the tradeoffs are considered. Where appropriate, a Sr. Software Engineer will propose significant architectural changes at the Architectural Review Board; where appropriate, Sr. Software Engineers will participate in the evaluation of others' proposals.
Sage Intacct is built on a scalable, extensible platform that enables rapid application development. Sr. Software Engineers help to create these benefits and ensure that major projects build on and do not detract from the overall architecture.
Major features often involve a deep understanding of the financial and accounting implications of the changes that will result, including the impact onreports and usage.
- Lead the design and development of major features
- Work with Product Management to understand design and feature tradeoffs
- Design scalable and repeatable solutions within each major feature
- Present architectural recommendations to the Architecture Review Board
- Create functional specifications and designs
- Work with QA to ensure the quality of the features, including the creation and maintenance of test cases
- BS or MS (MS preferred) in Computer Science
- 6+ years software engineering experience
- Experience developing Internet applications
- Experience as a team leader and technical lead
- Strong SQL skills and understanding of database/data modeling concepts, experience with Oracle is a plus
- Strong analysis, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- History of shipping high-quality, well-designed software products
- Strong communication skills