Reed Tech, a LexisNexis Company (a Subsidiary of RELX) has a Sr Software Engineer opening. The Reed Tech Sr. Software Engineer, a member of an Agile team, participates in the design, analysis, coding, testing, debugging, maintenance and documentation of complex software systems.
- Utilizes defined standard practices and procedures to design and define systems requirements for complex customer systems; creates software systems based on documented requirements.
- Analyzes existing complex systems to determine appropriate design strategies for maintaining and enhancing specified software systems.
- Assists in the testing, debugging, documenting and maintenance of application programs.
- Participates in the designing of subsystems and integration of total systems for complex projects following specifications and seeking advice from senior staff when necessary.
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies.
- May determine project requirements including interface, database and file structures, image and/or multimedia requirements, etc.
- May participate in the project review process to assess newly developed systems with project managers and/or customers.
- Communicates and interacts with project managers and/or customers and engineers from project inception to completion including status reporting and maintenance.
- Participates in the creation of detailed specifications through interaction with project managers, product owners, team members, and/or customers.
- Participates in all aspects of creating and supporting software systems, including analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, troubleshooting, enhancement and documentation.
- Provides immediate, including off-hour if necessary or scheduled, support to ensure proper and efficient operation of critical software related production processes.
- Diversify and improve skills to keep pace with advancing software related technologies.
- Performs other job related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, an applicable field or equivalent.
- 4+ years related experience in software development.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio version 2013 or greater.
- Experience with source control repositories (TFS and Git preferred).
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment, preferably using agile methodologies.
- Ability to define, analyze and identify solutions to problems.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Ability to effectively present information to management and team members.