We are the Digital Transformation Team in one of F5 Networks' newly formed product teams is seeking a Quality Engineer to define and implement a software/service quality program that is customer focused and looks at quality broadly beyond just testing of a secure and extensible cloud focused microservice platform, new F5 services – all to enable new revenue streams.
This role will:
- Work with Product Owners and Architects to define quality bars for the "ilities", build quality/test plans that guide the development of automated test cases by scrum teams
- Participate in quality processes and outcomes in partnership with product managers, scrum masters, developers and dev ops engineers to build appropriate test infrastructure and integrate test tools and processes into the CI/CD pipeline
- Identify, integrate and develop tests to validate E2E customer and user scenarios
- Contribute/Coach at all levels of testing including unit, functional, automation, performance and scalability testing
Core to this need are expertise in:
- Quality assurance methodologies and familiarity with modern cloud and DevOps oriented test technologies, analytics and tools
- Lightweight, effective processes and deployment methodologies such as continuous integration and continuous deployment that will improve the productivity of the organization
- Driving test automation and test driven development initiatives
- Test-related aspects of the Software Development Process and Configuration Management including Agile Scrum
- Delivery quality measured by seamless end-to-end customer experience with an understanding of and ideally experience with SuperNetOps and DevSecOps personae/roles
- Software engineering/development experience
Ideally you will also have:
- 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; 6 years with a Master’s degree; 3 years with a PhD or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related major/minor.
- 5+ years Software Quality Assurance experience (not just Testing) including Automation development in an Agile environment.
- Excellent oral and interpersonal skills as necessary to work with prospective clients, existing clients and their executive teams
- A spirit of teamwork, collaboration and open communication